Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was offered a student shadowing opportunity for the course I want. Do you think it's worth doing and will it increase my chances of getting into the university?

I'd basically just follow them around in lectures and see how student life is for a day. But I might have to sort my own accomodation and travel arrangements (haven't got a reply for that yet).

ReputationRep:
    I did student shadowing last year and am now a student at St Andrews. I think it's definitely worth it and it also looks good on your personal statement - shows you want to learn more/see what uni life is like/see uni teaching methods etc.

ReputationRep:
    I did it at Cambridge and it was really fun, but it does not increase your chances of admission at all. Well, not in Cambridge's case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcfawns)
    I did student shadowing last year and am now a student at St Andrews. I think it's definitely worth it and it also looks good on your personal statement - shows you want to learn more/see what uni life is like/see uni teaching methods etc.
    That's righteous dude ;P. It'll be this month, if your doing something related to physics then I might see you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I also may be seeing you kings at St Andrews as well, got an email a day ago recommending I shadow a physics student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edgemaster)
    I also may be seeing you kings at St Andrews as well, got an email a day ago recommending I shadow a physics student
    Maybe they aren't getting as many applicants as they used to or something? Most uni's don't do this so maybe I will get a better chance of acceptance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    I did it at Cambridge and it was really fun, but it does not increase your chances of admission at all. Well, not in Cambridge's case.
    Cambridge is very competitive, if you don't have anything original to contribute then you're basically out of luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.