The Student Room Group

Applying for Biomedical Science? Advice needed urgently !

I’m wanting to send off my UCAS soon but need some advice, here’s the deal:

I did my first year of AS and achieved C E E U in Eng Lit, Economics, Chemistry and Biology respectively. I then moved colleges and with hard work I achieved A A A at AS in Biology Psychology and Politics. I’m currently doing A2 and am planning to apply for a mix of Biomedical Science/Neuroscience courses. I’m going to apply to Leeds and Newcastle for Biomed and then Leicester, Aston & Manchester for Neuroscience. I’m predicted AAA.

Because you must declare all grades on UCAS, will this affect my application? Will they see the E in AS Chem and then reject me straight away? I wish I decided to resit Chem as well tbh, I probs would have done well but it is what it is.

So yeah - advice please ? Any success stories of a similar situation to mine?
BUMP
Original post by bioenthusiast
I’m wanting to send off my UCAS soon but need some advice, here’s the deal:

I did my first year of AS and achieved C E E U in Eng Lit, Economics, Chemistry and Biology respectively. I then moved colleges and with hard work I achieved A A A at AS in Biology Psychology and Politics. I’m currently doing A2 and am planning to apply for a mix of Biomedical Science/Neuroscience courses. I’m going to apply to Leeds and Newcastle for Biomed and then Leicester, Aston & Manchester for Neuroscience. I’m predicted AAA.

Because you must declare all grades on UCAS, will this affect my application? Will they see the E in AS Chem and then reject me straight away? I wish I decided to resit Chem as well tbh, I probs would have done well but it is what it is.

So yeah - advice please ? Any success stories of a similar situation to mine?

Have you asked your universities if they are happy to accept that you resit biology?
Original post by claireestelle
Have you asked your universities if they are happy to accept that you resit biology?

Hi, yes I have and they said they’re fine with it
Original post by bioenthusiast
Hi, yes I have and they said they’re fine with it

In which case since they're happy with that i wouldnt worry too much.

Quick Reply

Latest