The Student Room Group

Does it take longer to receive UCAS offers as an independent international candidate?

I currently live abroad and have applied to several PPE courses in the UK through UCAS.
The problem is, that whilst most of my friends in the UK who applied to ucas through their schools or my friends abroad who applied through agents seem to have received most of their offers from UCAS, I have yet to receive a single one, despite submitting, with UCAS’s confirmation, my application about 2 week ago on 14th October.

My predicted grades aren't bad, and is equivalent to A*A*A in UK A-levels, my personal statement was judged to be “pretty good” by several of my peers and teachers, and the reference letter from my school had quite a lot of praise and positive statements. Hence I am rather confused as to why I haven't received a single offer from any universities I applied to. All I have received is the automatic email reply of "thank you for applying" from these universities

Fyi, I applied to PPE courses in
Oxford
Warwick
Lancaster
Exeter
Buckingham.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
It makes no difference.

The only difference is in how you get your reference. Once you send in your application it’s identical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending