Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Requirements for a space saving furniture that connects. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently an A level student studying A2 Product Design and as a result of my coursework i am designing a ‘Connect’ line of furniture (made from corrugated card) it will be a set of table and chairs that connect so that they can intersect for use.
    My idea is to accomplish and provide the user comfortable seating, along with a mini table which could be mainly used in conservatories (due to it’s material) by a variety of people , without any specific gender or age. The elements such as the weather during the design of my product, will be considered. My design will reflect the outlook of my target market who want and would like a modern and stylish look to the design, and therefore I will be looking to make something innovative and unusual. The product which I will be designing is influenced by puzzles, where when you connect and intersect the chairs together it will have a visual presentation of one particular object.Determined by its recycled material, my products overall cost will be relatively inexpensive, making it cost-efficient. The low price is due to the product being assembled by its recycled material, corrugated card. Throughout my secondary research, I have come across products ranged from £20.00-£30.00. I personally will attempt to appeal to my clients through a reasonable/rough estimation price of £20.00. This not only covers the cost of materials and components of my product but also the work effort I deliver during its production. Clients, profits, resources, work labour and method(s) of production are all factors I must take into consideration before I set a price.

Any other ideas of how and what my product should include to further develop it? Your ideas will be taken into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Yaren, you Mentioned that your product has a extensive target audience meaning it could also be used by children. For this reason, make sure all Corners/edges are smoothed properly. Focus Mainly on its colour as this is what attracts the audience Visually and due to the extensive target market, i personally Believe 'neutral colours' will be more necessary.
    Hope i helped.

ReputationRep:
    -Make sure it is reachable
    -assembled easily
    -Durable, layers of corrugated card
    -Add coating for it to be water ressistant
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    -Make sure it is reachable
    -Can assemble easily
    -Layers of corrugated card will make it more durable and long lasting.
    -Coating could be essential for making it water resistant

ReputationRep:
    Hope this helps:
    You are thinking of developing this using corrugated card due to environmental issues, which i totally agree on, for this reason, the chairs should include some sort of comfort such as cushioning on the seat. Also, adding handles might be required to connect or intersect. The material needs to be durable and withstand the duration of time the product is used for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.