Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question: Who was better, Queen or The Beatles? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This has been an ongoing debate in my school as to which band is better- Queen or The Beatles.
    Arguably, you could say that The Beatles is better because they sold more records than Queen.
    But personally I enjoy Queen's music much more. Like, I love The Beatles, they were amazing, but Queen is my favourite band of all time, ecause
    1) Their music is just so much easer to rock out to, like if I'm stressed or anything, I can just listen to Queen, and just jam
    2) I feel like The Beatles' music is something that you need to take time to appreciate, and that, although great, is just not something that can get me truly pumped, and although is calm and mellow, isn't a good cure for my stress. This s because I use music to relax, and I don't mean I listen to relaxing music, but I mean that music just speaks to me.
    3) Bohemian Raphsody
    4) Freddie Mercury. Need I say more
    Anyway, please share your opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15vanan)
    This has been an ongoing debate in my school as to which band is better- Queen or The Beatles.
    Arguably, you could say that The Beatles is better because they sold more records than Queen.
    But personally I enjoy Queen's music much more. Like, I love The Beatles, they were amazing, but Queen is my favourite band of all time, ecause
    1) Their music is just so much easer to rock out to, like if I'm stressed or anything, I can just listen to Queen, and just jam
    2) I feel like The Beatles' music is something that you need to take time to appreciate, and that, although great, is just not something that can get me truly pumped, and although is calm and mellow, isn't a good cure for my stress. This s because I use music to relax, and I don't mean I listen to relaxing music, but I mean that music just speaks to me.
    3) Bohemian Raphsody
    4) Freddie Mercury. Need I say more
    Anyway, please share your opinion
    I like both, like I don’t knwo many knows except the most well known ones (like hey Jude etc from Beatles I love) but Queen’s songs are so widely well know. You may not know it’s by them or the name of the song but you somehow can singalong and just love it. TBH I myself have never met anyone who doesn’t like a Queen song
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The Beatles 😍 but Queen are also pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    Queen!!!

ReputationRep:
    The Beatles, but I haven't listened to Queen as extensively. I like what I've heard from Queen, but only as a bit of fun.

ReputationRep:
    Both dull.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I like Queen's music more personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15vanan)
    No you couldn't. That doesn't mean they were better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T4wreckedme)
    I like both, like I don’t knwo many knows except the most well known ones (like hey Jude etc from Beatles I love) but Queen’s songs are so widely well know. You may not know it’s by them or the name of the song but you somehow can singalong and just love it. TBH I myself have never met anyone who doesn’t like a Queen song
    So are The Beatles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    So are The Beatles.
    True. Maybe it’s just because I don’t listen to much music so rarely hear them, still love them though (Beatles and Queen)

ReputationRep:
    I think they were both great at what they did but am not a big fan of either of them.
    Both have individual tracks I like, but not many albums.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Queen!

ReputationRep:
    I had a friend who thought bohemian rhapsody was sh*t. Notice the had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    I had a friend who thought bohemian rhapsody was sh*t. Notice the had.
    What?! I love it because there’s so many different textures? And pitches? (I’m trying to think of the word but my mind has gone blank) I hope that old friend has some sense now haha

ReputationRep:
    What?! I love it because there’s so many different textures? And pitches? (I’m trying to think of the word but my mind has gone blank) I hope that old friend has some sense now haha
    I just live it because it’s crazy af and because Freddie Mercury obvs. Also I have no idea if he has gained some sense, I haven’t talked to him since July😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    I just live it because it’s crazy af and because Freddie Mercury obvs. Also I have no idea if he has gained some sense, I haven’t talked to him since July😂
    I really wanna be able to play it on piano or something but as the song progresses I know it’s get too difficult hahah, I will still try though... someday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    July?! You really do like Freddie Mercury ahhaha (didn’t see this part of the post, sorry)

ReputationRep:
    I really wanna be able to play it on piano or something but as the song progresses I know it’s get too difficult hahah, I will still try though... someday
    Nice, you’ll probably get it eventually, whereas I cannot play a single instrument to save my life😂 eventually I will teach myself, and then I’ll join you on that mission to play bohemian rhapsody

ReputationRep:
    July?! You really do like Freddie Mercury ahhaha (didn’t see this part of the post, sorry)
    It’s all good, it’s more coincidence than hatred that I haven’t talked to him since July. We haven’t met up in a while😂 I don’t hate him completely, I just feel sorry for him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    Nice, you’ll probably get it eventually, whereas I cannot play a single instrument to save my life😂 eventually I will teach myself, and then I’ll join you on that mission to play bohemian rhapsody
    I think after my grade exam I will look for the sheet music again and try it (and fail haha)
    you should teach yourself an instrument (I taught myself a little guitar) and it gives you a little confidence boost but also the ability to play bohemian rhapsody would make me want to learn like 5 other instruments hahah (wouldn’t have effort though)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.