Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question: Who was better, Queen or The Beatles? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    It’s all good, it’s more coincidence than hatred that I haven’t talked to him since July. We haven’t met up in a while😂 I don’t hate him completely, I just feel sorry for him
    I feel sorry for him too, I hope he learns one day on what he is missing out on....
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T4wreckedme)
    I think after my grade exam I will look for the sheet music again and try it (and fail haha)
    you should teach yourself an instrument (I taught myself a little guitar) and it gives you a little confidence boost but also the ability to play bohemian rhapsody would make me want to learn like 5 other instruments hahah (wouldn’t have effort though)
    If only I had the skill😂 I’m the most useless person musically, I’m pretty good academically and artistically, alright sports wise and then I’m just horrendous musically😭 maybe I will self teach a little guitar😅

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for him too, I hope he learns one day on what he is missing out on....
    Hopefully, it would be a massive upgrade on the hip hop/rap that he listens to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    If only I had the skill😂 I’m the most useless person musically, I’m pretty good academically and artistically, alright sports wise and then I’m just horrendous musically😭 maybe I will self teach a little guitar😅
    The only thing I’m good at academically is maths and art.... I don’t even like to talk about it. It’s actually tragic. 😂
    If you ever do teach yourself guitar use tab to understand chords/google images (and YouTube was a blessing) and don’t worry if you can’t get the chords immediately, it took me a while to get them but practicing them will get easier 😊

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I’m good at academically is maths and art.... I don’t even like to talk about it. It’s actually tragic. 😂
    If you ever do teach yourself guitar use tab to understand chords/google images (and YouTube was a blessing) and don’t worry if you can’t get the chords immediately, it took me a while to get them but practicing them will get easier 😊
    MATHSSSSS!!! I’m alright at maths too, I’m even doing maths and further maths at a level😂😂 are you in year 12 by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    Hopefully, it would be a massive upgrade on the hip hop/rap that he listens to.
    Goodness. I actually really do hope for his own sanity (and mine now that I have been given this information) that he does soon upgrade.... gotta say though no disrespect to the rappers etc out there because if I could speak or whatever that fast I’d never shut up

ReputationRep:
    The Rolling Stones >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    MATHSSSSS!!! I’m alright at maths too, I’m even doing maths and further maths at a level😂😂 are you in year 12 by any chance?
    If your in England year 12 is lower sixth isn’t it? Because if it is that’s same year as me (I’m from N Ireland and we call it year 13 - so confusing 😕) I’m doing maths for a level too but not further. I’d die with that hahah. What other subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    The Rolling Stones >
    Pink Floyd>everything(other than Lorde)

ReputationRep:
    If your in England year 12 is lower sixth isn’t it? Because if it is that’s same year as me (I’m from N Ireland and we call it year 13 - so confusing 😕) I’m doing maths for a level too but not further. I’d die with that hahah. What other subjects are you doing?
    Yeah I’m lower sixth, I’m also doing biology and chemistry in addition to double maths, which is FUN... I’m doing alright, getting them A’s in Chemistry and Maths and then dropping a cheeky U in Biology🤔 oooooh are you doing the SMC next week? Also btw, what a levels/equivalent are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    Yeah I’m lower sixth, I’m also doing biology and chemistry in addition to double maths, which is FUN... I’m doing alright, getting them A’s in Chemistry and Maths and then dropping a cheeky U in Biology🤔 oooooh are you doing the SMC next week? Also btw, what a levels/equivalent are you doing?
    Oh my word I was awful at science 😂 (and English) when I got to drop those last year I was so happy. What’s the SMC (my exam board is CCEA - may be something to do with taht?)
    My alevels are maths (whooo), HE (so food and nutrition science is the new name), health&social care (so much controlled assessment 😩) and spanish. However I’ll be dropping spanish after AS.
    1. Bc I have now realised that school ruins my enjoyment of learning the language
    2. One of my teachers sets far too much

ReputationRep:
    Oh my word I was awful at science 😂 (and English) when I got to drop those last year I was so happy. What’s the SMC (my exam board is CCEA - may be something to do with taht?)
    My alevels are maths (whooo), HE (so food and nutrition science is the new name), health&social care (so much controlled assessment 😩) and spanish. However I’ll be dropping spanish after AS.
    1. Bc I have now realised that school ruins my enjoyment of learning the language
    2. One of my teachers sets far too much
    Ah cool a levels, far more interesting than mine😂SMC is the senior maths challenge

ReputationRep:
    Apples to oranges but Queen take the cake for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    Apples to oranges but Queen take the cake for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ew oranges, apples any day of the week. Also I love Queen too, I literally know about 3 beetles songs😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    Ah cool a levels, far more interesting than mine😂SMC is the senior maths challenge
    Can a levels even be interesting? I have exams in like two weeks (just internal ones) and I am not ready... like help me
    Oh senior maths challenge... our school I think does (maybe I’m not sure) but maybe just for further maths people.... however my class could’ve been told about it considering I was off sick for like a week and a bit (got extra few days off because this island is extreme and closes all schools for Ophelia) 😂

ReputationRep:
    Matter of opinion, The Beatles had a larger impact on culture and music though.

ReputationRep:
    Can a levels even be interesting? I have exams in like two weeks (just internal ones) and I am not ready... like help me
    Oh senior maths challenge... our school I think does (maybe I’m not sure) but maybe just for further maths people.... however my class could’ve been told about it considering I was off sick for like a week and a bit (got extra few days off because this island is extreme and closes all schools for Ophelia) 😂
    LUCKYYYY, even though you guys got ravaged by a storm, it was all worth it for the days off of school😂 I had internal exams like two weeks ago. Anyways I’m gonna sleep now, gotta be up early, IM ASSUMING YOU DO TOOO!!! Night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    LUCKYYYY, even though you guys got ravaged by a storm, it was all worth it for the days off of school😂 I had internal exams like two weeks ago. Anyways I’m gonna sleep now, gotta be up early, IM ASSUMING YOU DO TOOO!!! Night
    Haha was quite good gotta admit.
    I do have to wake up early tomorrow but my sleep routine is kinda bad (said about it on other posts haha) but I do need to sleep. Hope your exams went well! Goodnight 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zq01)
    Ewv oranges, apples any day of the week. Also I love Queen too, I literally know about 3 beetles songs😂
    I feel Queens music has aged better as well. They are musically dynamic and have more variety than the beatles

ReputationRep:
    As much as I appreciate the artistry of The Beatles, I've never liked their music. Queen have several tracks I like.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.