Turn on thread page Beta

Do ugly pics of your other half turn you off? watch

My bf loves me and we’re getting engaged soon but he’s always taking candid pics of me and I look soooo bad (genuinely do). I have a very unphotogenic face and it bugs me because I feel he’s too good looking for me but he hates when I say that.

would YOU be bothered about bad pics of your other half/someone you like/love?

bump
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You cannot be this insecure when you're getting engaged. He chose you over all the other girls, he's going to marry you and you shouldn't worry about whether you look unattractive. He loves you, don't forget that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My bf loves me and we’re getting engaged soon but he’s always taking candid pics of me and I look soooo bad (genuinely do). I have a very unphotogenic face and it bugs me because I feel he’s too good looking for me but he hates when I say that.

No, you’re overthing your insecurities. It’s not like a bad picture is gonna outweigh all the things that he sees in you that have kept him there so long.

ReputationRep:
    In this case it's you that thinks you look bad, not him.

Chill out.

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    In this case it's you that thinks you look bad, not him.

Chill out.
    I do look bad, he knows it too 😞

ReputationRep:
    Well, i'm just going to state what I know and have observed...

Men can get bored. Married men can get bored. Married men eyes can go wondering. Married man might then cheat. You might never find out (If you're lucky)

My point is, he might not think you're ugly now..but in 2 or 5 years later and really hot women might walk past him and give him a flirty look..he'll look down at his phone...see all those pics of you (that you keep saying are ugly) ..he will then realise this...he might then cheat.

Don't mind me i'm just writing what i'm thinking.

ReputationRep:
    lol if anything it endears me more towards a person if they're cool with having ugly photos taken of them. I find it hilarious tbh

(Original post by dsmith23)
    lol if anything it endears me more towards a person if they're cool with having ugly photos taken of them. I find it hilarious tbh
    I don’t mean intentionally goofy/ugly ones but normal ones that I look really bad in haha

I know I look better in real life but the pics still bug me, he doesn’t even delete them 😞

ReputationRep:
    I do look bad, he knows it too 😞
    Girl excuse my straightfowardness but he is literally ****ing marrying you, how much much reassurance do you need?

ReputationRep:
    Girl excuse my straightfowardness but he is literally ****ing marrying you, how much much reassurance do you need?
    Why did I read this post in my voice? 😂

ReputationRep:
    Because you go from 0-100 in 0.2 seconds in basically every post you make? :dontknow:
    That's really mean, I was trying to be nice to you saying I was agreeing with what you said and you decide to insult me? Then you wonder why I "go 0-100". Because people are mean.

ReputationRep:

Nah I use them to have a giggle about/keep for blackmail later I make sure I have lots of nice ones as well though. My bf also has lots of horrible pictures of me but somehow he thinks I look good in them - your bf probably is the same! If you're at the point where you're going to get engaged, I really don't think you need to be worried about how you look in photos - he saw what you looked like when he was taking it and he still loves you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    That's really mean, I was trying to be nice to you saying I was agreeing with what you said and you decide to insult me? Then you wonder why I "go 0-100". Because people are mean.
    lmfao don't go apeshit in every other post then :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsmith23)
    lmfao don't go apeshit in every other post then :rofl:
    stop attacking me and bow to your queen 👸

ANYWAY op don't worry but dont let yourself go either if you know what I mean. Make sure you stay sexy for your guy. Then you shouldn't feel as insecure. But clearly he accepts you.

ReputationRep:
    no cuz I like to think the pics i take from an ugly angle are my imaginary ugly boyfriend that I sexually abuse everyday

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.