Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I really need help. I don't know which way to turn. I've finished 1 year of uni and I've only just started my second year. at the moment there is a lot of stress going on around me. I live at home with my mum and dad and my dad is very ill with a mental breakdown and as been diagnosed with paranoia and is taking time off work. I've had to miss days off from uni to help my mum look after my dad. I also suffer from mental health myself. I have a eating disorder and depression. I'm having anxiety and panic attacks everyday. I'm behind in my work which is really getting to me and I feel like I cant cope. i've been to my doctor and she has put me on the sick for a month. I've already spoken to my tutors about the issue and they understand completely. they are saying that I should take the year off and get better and re-enrol next year and start the year again, which is something I am thinking of doing. but what about the money situation? do I have to pay for a year that I'm not going to be studying for? please can someone help me in what to do? ((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seapearl)
    Hello everyone, I really need help. I don't know which way to turn. I've finished 1 year of uni and I've only just started my second year. at the moment there is a lot of stress going on around me. I live at home with my mum and dad and my dad is very ill with a mental breakdown and as been diagnosed with paranoia and is taking time off work. I've had to miss days off from uni to help my mum look after my dad. I also suffer from mental health myself. I have a eating disorder and depression. I'm having anxiety and panic attacks everyday. I'm behind in my work which is really getting to me and I feel like I cant cope. i've been to my doctor and she has put me on the sick for a month. I've already spoken to my tutors about the issue and they understand completely. they are saying that I should take the year off and get better and re-enrol next year and start the year again, which is something I am thinking of doing. but what about the money situation? do I have to pay for a year that I'm not going to be studying for? please can someone help me in what to do? ((
    I'm pretty sure you get a gift year with SFE. So you get 4 years. So you've done one. You now have 3 left. So you're in luck? Don't put university before your mental health, take a gap year if you think you can't cope for sure. You'll probably feel better for it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.