Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Terror attack in New York City: 8 people dead Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    When we get round to creating a rules/guidelines thread for the section, posting sources will most definitely be high up. As you would expect really from a News section.
    Good to hear. Thanks.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Prayers go out to those affected. Can't wait to hear the white house statement though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    There are reports that it was road rage
    He was mowing people down for ages in a large vehicle, it was a terrorist attack.

As soon as I heard that piece of info this went from who knows to terrorist.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    NYPD have labelled it a terrorist attack because he 'made a statement that allowed us to call it that'.

ABC News said it was 'Allahu Ahkbar'.

https://twitter.com/TwitterNews/stat...73979858526208
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    8 dead... terrible news.

Donald Trumps tweet

ReputationRep:
    Man, I'm not trying to be disrespectful to the dead here, but I just KNEW something was going to happen after the Russian-conspiracy charges. It all seems fishy nowadays ;//

ReputationRep:
    Still amazes me how malicious some humans can be. Thoughts are with everyone affected.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, here we go again

The drumbeat of terror attacks has become so consistent and unrelenting that I'm starting to become inured to it. That's a very sad thing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Fake guns? Loser didn't even have the guts to kill himself after. Suppose it shows NYC's gun laws work.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    My condolences to the families of the victims of this horrific and callous attack.

ReputationRep:
    Very sad, thoughts and prayers for the injured and relatives of those who died.

ReputationRep:
    270+ mass shootings this year, vast majority committed by white men. Homicide rate 3x that of the UK. 700 killed by gang violence in Chicago in 2017 alone. I think America's got bigger things to worry about than Muslims. This is hardly even news considering how common mass killings are there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinF98)
    Nah can't be bothered
    😂.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    8 dead... terrible news.

Donald Trumps tweet

Trump types like me when I'm on my period
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this cowardly 'act of terror'; we live in a society where our intrinsic morals and culture are attacked; we must not succumb; we must not give in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desaf1)
    270+ mass shootings this year, vast majority committed by white men. Homicide rate 3x that of the UK. 700 killed by gang violence in Chicago in 2017 alone. I think America's got bigger things to worry about than Muslims. This is hardly even news considering how common mass killings are there.
    I heard it was possible to focus on more than one problem at once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I heard it was possible to focus on more than one problem at once.
    I think it's better to focus more on the bigger problems than the little ones.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The US needs to have a good long look at themselves and their morals.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinF98)
    7 people dead, 15+ injured, driver reported to have shouted Allahu Akbar
    Or if we take the official line "a statement consistent with terror attacks" because people won't dare admit that it was an Islamist, that would be racist.

Little doubt this will be pushed to once side to people can foam at the mouth over guns again despite the strict gun laws in NYC and New York in general, especially hand guns for the latter.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Suspect believed to be from Uzbekistan according to reports.
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/...nt-in-tribeca/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.