• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Suspect named as Sayfullo Saipov.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8030501.html

Apparently been living in New Jersey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    However I do think it's important for people to know Muslims are against these attacks 100% I will never condone these terrorist attacks. Ever.
    most Muslims are. comments from Muslims on facebook playing the victim card
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hateocracy)
    I think the suspect was a legal immigrant, i wonder how he reacts to this
    That's my point. It isn't a natural born American, it isn't a Mexican who walked over the border, it isn't somebody who was visiting America and stayed illegally, it is somebody who was let it, who given what they did unsurprisingly seems to be a Muslim
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    However I do think it's important for people to know Muslims are against these attacks 100% I will never condone these terrorist attacks. Ever.
    Which, depending on how what you wrote is read, it either trivially false or a bit of a pointless statement. If it is read as all Muslims are against it then it's trivially false because there are Muslims celebrating it, if going for the "there is at least one Muslim totally against it" then it's pointless because in the over 1bn Muslims there almost certainly will be one, a good point to start looking would probably be the US military
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Which, depending on how what you wrote is read, it either trivially false or a bit of a pointless statement. If it is read as all Muslims are against it then it's trivially false because there are Muslims celebrating it, if going for the "there is at least one Muslim totally against it" then it's pointless because in the over 1bn Muslims there almost certainly will be one, a good point to start looking would probably be the US military
    No Muslim in my family or community ever condones these acts, we are all fighting against extremism!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You don't have to say all before it, it should come as common sense. If I said "Americans are against it" would it be a pointless statement because there'd be some American citizen somewhere who isn't against it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Note found in truck claiming attack was done in the name of ISIS
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us...red/index.html

ReputationRep:
    dont worry bout' it, just part and parcel of living in the big city, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inkswell)
    Exactly. Run hide tell and don't look back in anger.

No big deal.

ReputationRep:
    The suspect is called Sayfullo Saipov.

"Sayfullo" is a Central Asian rendering of "Saifallah" - or "Sword of Allah".

Hmm, what a fascinating name.

ReputationRep:
    It was done very close to the World Trade Centre:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_...vents-unfolded

Watch this

ReputationRep:
    No Muslim in my family or community ever condones these acts, we are all fighting against extremism!
    You need to walk the walk, not talk the talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    There are reports that it was road rage
    No it's an islamic terrorist who shouted Allah Akhbar whilst doing it

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable that nowadays you can guess the religion of the terrorist with 99% accuracy as soon as news of a terrorist attack comes out...
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by 04MR17)
    The US needs to have a good long look at themselves and their morals.
    Whats this supposed to mean? How is it relevant?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Inkswell)
    In the context in which that point was made i.e big cities will always be key targets because they get the most publicity, then yes.

You added the don't worry which is a wholly disingenuous distortion of what was actually said.

ReputationRep:
    There's only one way to curb ( not prevent altogether ) this type of situation and that is to ban all form of religion and gatherings across the Western Hemisphere .

We are after all, the only animals that kill one another for religious reasons .

Time to call on this religious nonesense that was written hundreds if not thousands of year ago at a time when the world was flat not round and donkeys were more popular than BMW .

Not one animal in the history of time has died as a result of religious indoctrination or hatred .

The only animals that blindly follow are ourselves .

The end .

Johnny English
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Whats this supposed to mean? How is it relevant?
    There is too much death in the United States. By whatever means, the only benefit it has is a small improvement in global population control and it's good for the funeral industry. Bar that, I see no benefits. Their culture is becoming more and more normalised to incidents of unexpected deaths, and I fear the consequences of that as a cultural atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)
    The suspect is called Sayfullo Saipov.

"Sayfullo" is a Central Asian rendering of "Saifallah" - or "Sword of Allah".

Hmm, what a fascinating name.
    Lol if that’s your name your parents should automatically be put on the terror watch list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Note found in truck claiming attack was done in the name of ISIS
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us...red/index.html
    Everything is done in the name of ISIS these days, unless ISIS directly helped him with the attack this means nothing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.