Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So idk if this has been created yet, but i thought since interviews are coming up we might as well try and be as best prepared as we can be.

ReputationRep:
    When is yours. Mine is on 22rd of November

ReputationRep:
    I think people are less active in student room this year compared to previous year. They stop posting any related information. I am applying for two different courses in imperial. One is Areo which I have got an interview offer. The other is civil engineering which I heard nothing from. Anyone got any news from civil departments yet? (Home application)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george1999poi)
    I think people are less active in student room this year compared to previous year. They stop posting any related information. I am applying for two different courses in imperial. One is Areo which I have got an interview offer. The other is civil engineering which I heard nothing from. Anyone got any news from civil departments yet? (Home application)
    I apply for the same courses but I heard from neither civil nor aeronautic engineering

ReputationRep:
    how have you guys already got interview dates, isn't the deadline January 15. I haven't even started submitting my application, will i still get an interview even if i submit my application in jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassinbunny123)
    how have you guys already got interview dates, isn't the deadline January 15. I haven't even started submitting my application, will i still get an interview even if i submit my application in jan?
    There are other interview days in March, but yeah I think you're more likely to get an offer if you apply before the deadline, just had my interview and they said they'll make their decision in 4 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheShaft)
    There are other interview days in March, but yeah I think you're more likely to get an offer if you apply before the deadline, just had my interview and they said they'll make their decision in 4 weeks
    thx. what did the interview consist of, did they ask any academic questions or were just general questions about your personal statement or why did you choose this university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassinbunny123)
    thx. what did the interview consist of, did they ask any academic questions or were just general questions about your personal statement or why did you choose this university?
    Talking to other people who had their interviews, I think it varies massively depending on who's interviewing you. I got asked one or two general questions about why I want to study engineering etc. and then 3 easy technical questions (which I still managed to get wrong). Most of the time was for me to ask him questions
    But other people got more questions about their personal statement and only 1 technical question

ReputationRep:
    I’ve got an interview for Mechanical Engineering for 29th. Any ideas what sort of technical questions might be asked?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.