Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it haram to wear jeans/trousers??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    Why is music haraam guys? Sure, the messages of some songs are downright pathetic, but I don't really listen much to the current mainstream stuff anyway
    The reason why music is haraam is because of the language that is used in the songs. Swear words and what have you. With this comes the change of character overtime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    The reason why music is haraam is because of the language that is used in the songs. Swear words and what have you. With this comes the change of character overtime.

Your saying all music is haraam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabby33)
    Your saying all music is haraam?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    What about music like house and trap etc. Nothing with swearing

ReputationRep:
    By that logic songs that don't have bad language are halal?

ReputationRep:
    Is the first paragraph a joke? Im confused
    lol he or she was trying to be sarcastic lol don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nattm12)
    lol he or she was trying to be sarcastic lol don't worry
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuffme)
    yes. love me some logic. defo not haaram because his music isn't negative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuffme)
    That would then be classed as Nasheeds/Naats. (Islamic version of songs).

ReputationRep:
    That would then be classed as Nasheeds/Naats. (Islamic version of songs).
    No. There are songs which spread positive messages (not naats) - are those halal by what you said previously?

ReputationRep:
    What about music like house and trap etc. Nothing with swearing
    It has musical instruments in the background which is the element that makes a
    song haraam in the first instance. So even if a song has no swearing it will still have musical elements involved.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Even instrumental?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgrammerC)
    I don't know where do you live but if you live in the Europe, North America.. etc.. especially countries which majority of population NOT Muslim. This is absolutely bad for you because according to Quran you shouldn't be friend with non-Muslims and as a female you should stay at home you don't have right to work, staring at the boys, talking with the boys etc..

No offence those are not my opinion, my reference is Quran.

My suggestion is go to the Muslim country otherwise you'll go to the hell

Have a good day.
    Seems like you have it all sorted. Mind linking me to some sources please? I would love to read those verses where it says what you just claimed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd522)
    Even instrumental?
    Haha what ever she thinks is right is right for her. Lets not go against her but im just saying that its kinda BS. (The part about instruments and instrumentals) How are nasheeds sung? Some may have just vocal in them but some of them dont, Please dont think im arguing

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know Muslim men would get turned on by legs. Mmm legs. Mmm ankles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (((degener8))))
    Didn't know Muslim men would get turned on by legs. Mmm legs. Mmm ankles.
    Ankle cleavage. :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd522)
    Even instrumental?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me for my blathering ignorance... but what kind of religion forbids people from listening to... instrumental music? Like, what?

ReputationRep:
    Haha what ever she thinks is right is right for her. Lets not go against her but im just saying that its kinda BS. (The part about instruments and instrumentals) How are nasheeds sung? Some may have just vocal in them but some of them dont, Please dont think im arguing
    Most nasheeds are vocals only some are with duff(Halal instrument) and some just have music in them which would make it haraam.

By the ways its not "What I think is right for me" its what has being ordained from Allah.

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    But you said:

There is no swear word in instrumental music.

It means that you cannot even watch TV, because there is instrumental music everywhere (adverts, news, movies, football matches, etc.).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.