Turn on thread page Beta

Dear non-PC, red pilled internet right wing, what's your solution to terrorism? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckit)
    Read 1984 and V for Vendetta, thats the totalitarian world you are asking for. Just don't.
    Not really mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    Not really mate
    One of the major plot points of v for vendetta is that borders have been shut down and anyone who doesn't follow the state religion or isnt the right race or sexual orientation is sent to a concentration camp. Sure sounds like it to me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    One of the major plot points of v for vendetta is that borders have been shut down and anyone who doesn't follow the state religion or isnt the right race or sexual orientation is sent to a concentration camp. Sure sounds like it to me
    1. Nothing is wrong with a sustainable immigration policy. If you think there is then you've been brainwashed.

2. I never mentioned concentration camps, nor race, nor sexual orientation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    1. Nothing is wrong with a sustainable immigration policy. If you think there is then you've been brainwashed.

2. I never mentioned concentration camps, nor race, nor sexual orientation.
    It is a logical progression from one to the other. Nationalism taken to extremes, especially with anti-religion or race overtones has proven time and time again to lead to horrific behaviour. It happened in Germany, Britain, Russia, and many other places. you don't and wont mention it, but thats what happens.

Also, no one has ever told me that any immigration policy is wrong, its a conclusion I came to on my own.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much address the problem. Islam spurts out terrorists, stop the spread of Islam (mostly through immigration) and stop ghettoisation to the point of where muslim kids think britain is 98% muslim and we'll have gone very far to stopping the problem. Got to cut the head off the snake.

ReputationRep:
    It is a logical progression from one to the other. Nationalism taken to extremes, especially with anti-religion or race overtones has proven time and time again to lead to horrific behaviour. It happened in Germany, Britain, Russia, and many other places. you don't and wont mention it, but thats what happens.

Also, no one has ever told me that any immigration policy is wrong, its a conclusion I came to on my own.
    Sustainable immigration policy is not extreme nationalism.

Stop saying race, I never mentioned anything about race.

If I created a religion which then had hundreds of thousands of followers in this country, with teachings such as “you are born into this religion” “you deserve death if you leave this religion” “all people who are not members of this religion are subhuman and can be treated as such”, would you support it simply because “anti religion overtones lead to bad behaviour”?

ReputationRep:
    The solution to terrorism would have been to not let such larger numbers of these people across the border with so few checks. Now that they're here, it will be much harder. I always take a multi-frontal approach:

1. Local investment / jobs (the usual generic stuff)
    2. Harsher penalties & threats of deportation for sympathizing with fundamentalist Islam
    3. If they cannot be deported because they're a 2nd generation migrant, then the UK has an abundance of smaller islands littered around it's shores that we can deport them to instead
    4. Zero tolerance towards attempts to subvert our Western values. People should be able to mock anything they feel like, and should have this right protected by law enforcement
    5. More prisons (we'll need them)
    6. More opportunities for people leaving prisons
    7. A halt on migration from terrorism-affected regions of the world, until we pacify the problem in our own borders
    8. Restricted access to social housing
    9. Better opportunities to buy private housing
    10. A halt of foreign money inflating house prices
    11. A halt of foreign money funding Mosques
    12. A halt on public money funding Mosques (unless it's part of a wider local redevelopment scheme)
    13. Private money is private, and people can do with it what they like (short of the usual legal limitations). Many Mosques are directly funded by donations from their local community
    14. No more planning applications for Mosques without majority consent from the local residents.

etc.

I would consider the problem "dealt with" once the frequency of attempted terrorist attacks has gone down to one every 2 years, successful attempts 0, and once the number of people on the terror watch list is down do a few thousand instead of tens of thousands.

ReputationRep:
    Give the the terrorists lots of hugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22sgw)
    Give the the terrorists lots of hugs.
    And doughnuts. Also walk up to random Muslims in the street saying "I'm sorry we sent the crusades 1000 years ago".

Then make them a sandwich. With a slice of bacon sneaked in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alain22)
    Well, the solution most liberals stick with is leaving the middle east alone and allow for the ideologies to die out.
    What liberals are those then? Tony Blair or Hillary Clinton and their non-stop wars and calls for intervention in the middle-east and support of terrorism? Or feminist activists like Banana Yusafzai and feminist NGOs that supported the war in and occupation of afghanistan? I would argue that Liberalism is the bigger cause of terrorism and wars resulting from intervention in the middle-east.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    What liberals are those then? Tony Blair or Hillary Clinton and their non-stop wars and calls for intervention in the middle-east and support of terrorism? Or the feminist activists lie Banana Yusafzai and feminist NGOs that supported the war in and occupation of afghanistan? I would argue that Liberalism is the biggest cause of terrorism and wars resulting from intervention in the middle-east.
    I'm more against interventionism... but Afghanistan is not so simple. If America were to just "leave" Afghanistan tomorrow... it'd be madness. Is it the Taliban that they've been fighting, or Al'Qaeda? I don't remember. The Afghan government is appallingly weak. Leaving now would pose a significant risk of terrorists literally taking over the state. If America left, I imagine other nations would want to intervene in it's place, even neighboring countries. Nobody wants this sort of havoc brewing on their borders. It would be extremely unstable and dangerous, possibly causing another regional conflict and more migrant crises.

Similar to what partially happened in Syria. It nearly did happen. If Western powers (and Russia) hadn't intervened, ISIS probably would have taken over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NonIndigenous)
    I'm more against interventionism... but Afghanistan is not so simple. If America were to just "leave" Afghanistan tomorrow... it'd be madness.
    The point of argument here is that contrary to the claim made by the author of this thread liberals have played a major role in the support of terrorism, intervention and wars in the middle-east.

Is it the Taliban that they've been fighting, or Al'Qaeda? I don't remember. The Afghan government is appallingly weak. Leaving now would pose a significant risk of terrorists literally taking over the state. If America left, I imagine other nations would want to intervene in it's place, even neighboring countries. Nobody wants this sort of havoc brewing on their borders. It would be extremely unstable and dangerous, possibly causing another regional conflict and more migrant crises.
    Did Afghanistan have any of these problems before America and the UK invaded it? no...and liberals were at the forefront of this disaster supporting it with all the power they can muster...yet the author of this thread has the audacity to preach liberalism and its virtues in the middle-east. Had Hilary the liberal feminist Clinton won the election America would have carried on supporting the head choppers in Syria and they might have even invaded it too...adding to the disaster that has resulted from our intervention in that part of the world.

Similar to what partially happened in Syria. It nearly did happen. If Western powers (and Russia) hadn't intervened, ISIS probably would have taken over.
    If western powers hadn't intervened in Syria, supporting the head choppers in that country Syria would have ended that war a long time ago. Thank god for Russian intervention. Were it not for them ISIS with the total complicity of the west would have spread to the four corners of the middle-east.

ReputationRep:
    You're right as well. I focusing on the present day situation though, and less so on it's root causes.

Nonetheless it's unfair to attribute all the conflicts in those region to Western interventions. The region has been a smoking gun for thousands of years by now pretty much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.