Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I find it difficult to straighten up my wheels at the end of the manoeuvre.
    do you fail if they aren't straight?

I think reverse around the corner and is hardest in terms of straightening the wheels because I make lots of tiny adjustments during the manoeuvre.

ie) 3/4 turn left to start.
    more left or right depending on whether i'm getting too close to the kerb.
    presume I turn right to straighten up but sometimes I've already had to steer loads right so I don't need to

ReputationRep:
    Why you complicating stuff for yeself? Just use your eyes to judge and drive the damn car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nyimane)
    Why you complicating stuff for yeself? Just use your eyes to judge and drive the damn car.
    how do I use my eyes to straighten the wheels? the car is straight, the wheels aren't, I cannot see which way the wheels are pointing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*my)
    how do I use my eyes to straighten the wheels? the car is straight, the wheels aren't, I cannot see which way the wheels are pointing
    With the wheels straight look at the steering wheel and note in your head its position, how it lines yup, then you ought to be able to tell when wheels are straight; often it will be obvious.

ReputationRep:
    If you’ve started with only a 3/4 turn of the wheel, then you should be able to tell when you’ve straightened up by when the steering wheel is upright. Alternatively, you can subtly reverse an extra 1meter before you stop just to check that the car is going back straight (if it’s not then your wheel is out).
    I think it’s required to have the car and wheels parallel to curb.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.