Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI,
    I applied for a postgraduate loan and my application was approved but they asked for my national insurance number. I thought that info was optional. I am an EU national, do i really need to get one? Thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalia T.)
    HI,
    I applied for a postgraduate loan and my application was approved but they asked for my national insurance number. I thought that info was optional. I am an EU national, do i really need to get one? Thank you!

Hi Natalia T,

You can be confident that as an EU student, we do not need a National Insurance number.

It will not affect the progress of your application or your payments.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Natalia T,

You can be confident that as an EU student, we do not need a National Insurance number.

It will not affect the progress of your application or your payments.

Thanks Rona
    I hope so, but when I enter my studentfinance account it says that I have to provide it in order to make the payments. What am I supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, but when I enter my studentfinance account it says that I have to provide it in order to make the payments. What am I supposed to do?
    Hi Natalia T,

Yes it will show missing, but as an EU student you can be confident it is not required.

Once your application is approved, you have provided us with UK bank details and you have returned your Customer Declaration form, the terms and conditions of the loan, your payment will be submitted on confirmation of registration from your university.

Regards Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Natalia T,

Yes it will show missing, but as an EU student you can be confident it is not required.

Once your application is approved, you have provided us with UK bank details and you have returned your Customer Declaration form, the terms and conditions of the loan, your payment will be submitted on confirmation of registration from your university.

Regards Rona
    Thank you. I have already been registered. My course started on 25th September. So I am just waiting for the first payment?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I have already been registered. My course started on 25th September. So I am just waiting for the first payment?
    Hi Natalia T,

Once you have registered with the university, they need to login to a system we share called the Student Information System (SIS), and confirm your registration there.

As not every student that applies for a loan will actually take up the place, we cannot submit your payment until they do this.

Once they do so, it takes about 24 to 48 hours to come across, once received your payment is automatically submitted.

It then takes three to five days for a bank transfer, you will be able to see this on your view payments tab.

You can speak to your university if they still have to do this.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.