Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a btec college assignment due today. I haven't finished it and won't have time to. My teacher marks work then we have 2 weeks to resubmit so does it matter if I submit incomplete work? I've done most of it just missed out 2/3 questions/tasks

ReputationRep:
    Well, your teacher probably isn't an idiot so he or she will want to have a word about your time management, and they will do if they're a good teacher. Teachers can tell if you're not working to the spirit of the rules, so to speak.

But it sounds like ultimately you'll get away with it. I guess you're about to find out in any case.

ReputationRep:
    Always better to submit incomplete work than nothing.

I don't know if your course works similar to how mine did, but when I was in college if you submitted something late you only got a pass on the assignment. But like with your course, we could resubmit after the initial submitting of the work after initial marking. But only if we had handed something in to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Always better to submit incomplete work than nothing.

I don't know if your course works similar to how mine did, but when I was in college if you submitted something late you only got a pass on the assignment. But like with your course, we could resubmit after the initial submitting of the work after initial marking. But only if we had handed something in to begin with.
    oh ok have you ever submitted incomplete work and then resubmitted and got a distinction? I'm just worried that I'll end up only being able to get a pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara825)
    oh ok have you ever submitted incomplete work and then resubmitted and got a distinction? I'm just worried that I'll end up only being able to get a pass

Probably, I don't quite remember to be honest. I finished college 5 years ago sorry.

What are you courses guidelines for what caps your grade at a pass?

ReputationRep:
    Probably, I don't quite remember to be honest. I finished college 5 years ago sorry.

What are you courses guidelines for what caps your grade at a pass?
    they've told me late work will be capped at a pass but I haven't been told anything about incomplete work so I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara825)
    they've told me late work will be capped at a pass but I haven't been told anything about incomplete work so I'm not sure
    Then just hand it in incomplete (if you definitely can't complete it in time). Otherwise you definitely will be capped at a pass. Seems the obvious thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Then just hand it in incomplete (if you definitely can't complete it in time). Otherwise you definitely will be capped at a pass. Seems the obvious thing to do.
    yeah I'm going to submit it I was just worried about it being capped at a pass so was seeing if anyone else had done this before

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.