The Student Room Group

NEXT - Transferring

I've been working for next for about 3months now. However, it takes me 2hours by bus to get there even though there's a store 15mins walk away from home. I am currently at college studying alevels and the travelling time + work takes way too much time out of my day.

When i applied for the job it was summer - I was applying to anything, i needed the money - but i got the job at the end of summer, when i was going back to college. I mentioned that it's quite far and if it's possible to transfer, but the general manager of the store said wait til at least christmas, but he obviously just want to keep me there and doesn't want to go through the trouble of hiring.

So i want to see if it's possible to transfer and how i would do it? Do i just phone the store i want to transfer to and ask if they have vacancies? I want it to have similar hours as i currently do, with a permanent contract?
Hello, i worked for next for about 3 months as well I applied for a job until I found a college course, they’re quite understanding well my manager was so maybe just ask I mean if they say no then they say no.
They’re quite flexible unless you’re working in the delivery section but otherwise they may be able to do something about it. But you won’t know useless u ask I guess
Maybe see if there are any jobs on the next website for that store and apply. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending