Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

bateaux's journey to A*AA & beyond! (and maybe Cambridge!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is Bateaux, and I am currently in year 13 studying English Literature, French and Gov & Politics and applying to study French and Spanish(2018 entry). I see loads of people making these kinds of threads, so I thought, hey ho, why not. I can't guarantee to post every day because I actually own another blog (shameless plug) at filmnoiproductions,blogspot.co.u k so check that out, and that requires a lot of energy, but be patient because I will write, okay? okay.

I'm still a noob at TSR, so I don't know how to do all those crazy fonts and spoiler blocks, but what I can't make up for in snazzy fonts, I can make up in... Gifs!! I love gif's so much, so expect a gif of the week or day with every blog post.
    Name:  giphy (2).gif
Views: 20
Size:  497.9 KB

Edit: I learnt how!!

I hope you enjoy!!

GCSE GRADES:
    Spoiler:
    Show

French A*
    English Literature A*
    English Language A
    Maths A
    History A
    Biology A
    Physics A
    Chemistry B
    BTEC Dance Merit
    Business Studies B
    AS GRADES:
    French: B
    Gov & Pol: A
    History: A
    English Lit: A

CHOICES:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Application Submitted: 13/10/17

Choices:

University of Cambridge - Modern and Medieval Languages (Gonville and Caius)
    14/10/17 - Acknowledgement of Application
    24/10/17 - Acknowledgement from College + request for written work

University of Warwick

University of Nottingham- Modern Languages
    24/10/17 - Conditional Offer (ABB)

University of Birmingham - Modern Languages
    31/10/17 - Unconditional Offer (AAB)

King's College London - French and Spanish
    14/10/17 – Acknowledgement of Application
    24/10/17 - Conditional Offer (AAB)

PREDICTED GRADES:
    Spoiler:
    Show

French: A
    English: A
    Politics: A*

ReputationRep:
    WEEK 1 REVIEW

I'm back!

Oh my Lord, what a week. This week was super busy for me, having had a debate competition to prepare for, a showcase of which I was on the organising committee to attend and manage and scrambling to get together the remaining work to send off to Cambridge, but thankfully, I have survived and will now solely be focusing on schoolwork and additional revision.

I thought that after I sent off my written work, I would be less stressed out about this whole Cambridge application, but I was utterly wrong. Now, instead of stressing over which pieces to send, I just lurk on Track like

trying to find out if I've gotten an interview or not.

In terms of my actual schoolwork, I've been trying to overcome feelings of doubt about my grades, because although I am predicted A*AA and hope to achieve beyond that, it's hard to believe I will reach that when I don't get the best results on essays and practice tests. Even though I know it is only the start of the year and the exact same thing happened to me last year, it's hard to shake these feelings.

Sigh, here's hoping this week is better.

bateaux

ReputationRep:
    Nice blog. Hope everything’s going well xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    Nice blog. Hope everything’s going well xx
    Thank you!, things are going okay (as well as they can be for an A Level student ) and I'm feeling slightly more self-confident, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bateaux)
    Thank you!, things are going okay (as well as they can be for an A Level student ) and I'm feeling slightly more self-confident, what about you?
    First half term went awful because I changed around subjects so much. I’m working to change that by Christmas so I’m back on track. I’ve spent a lot of time revising
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bateaux)
    WEEK 1 REVIEW

I'm back!

Good luck with your application! This gif really made me laugh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Good luck with your application! This gif really made me laugh :lol:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    First half term went awful because I changed around subjects so much. I’m working to change that by Christmas so I’m back on track. I’ve spent a lot of time revising
    That sucks, I hope things continue to go well for you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.