Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like I’m going to be single forever... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    depends why. Are you the person who wants a nice and caring hearted boy and intelligent but at the same time wants him to be 6 foot tall with massive packs? Or do you not have high expectations like this and just want a good boy? If its the second one, don't worry, you'll find one soon, just go out sometimes and start making small conversations, get their phone number, etc and speak to someone on a regular basis. You'll eventually find one. if it's the first one, then you wont.
    Dont worry it's the second one lol. I really would go out more, but the two friends I have are guys so it kinda makes me seem like i'm not actually single
    Also the last time I got a guys number, he told me he only gave it to me because he liked my courage, but he didn't actually like me more than a friend. Defo not doing that again ahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayjayxo)
    LOL

If only this advice actually worked for women.
    While distastefully put and not realizing you were female, they do have a valid underlying point. If you want the situation to change then you have to make that change. Going out and meeting new people isn't changing who you are. Take the lead and try new things. Do things you've never done before. It doesn't even have to be with the goal of meeting someone cos that'll just happen eventually.

4 years?

Try 19
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    While distastefully put and not realizing you were female, they do have a valid underlying point. If you want the situation to change then you have to make that change. Going out and meeting new people isn't changing who you are. Take the lead and try new things. Do things you've never done before. It doesn't even have to be with the goal of meeting someone cos that'll just happen eventually.
    I guess you’re right...

ReputationRep:
    Dammmmmmmmn you asks guys for numbers! I wouldn't even ask a girl for her number (I'm a guy) even if my life depended on it; I would rather eat my own waste than attempt that valiant act. Also, if it makes you feel any better, I have been single and lonely since the day of my conception.

I know people don't want to hear this but, in reality, it kind of depends on how physically attractive you are regardless of whether you are female or male. *Disclaimer: No offence intended to anyone* If Person A looked like a cactus, then it would be safe to assume that they would have trouble finding a partner. On the contrary, if Person B looked like Keira Knightley or David Beckham, then all hell would break loose every time Person B stepped outside of the house. I am not implying that you are either or neither of those, I am just saying. However, if Person B is attractive but has the personality of unseasoned chicken breast, then your appearance will make guys/girls just want your "coochie" and nothing more. People are shallow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilandTheo)
    Dammmmmmmmn you asks guys for numbers! I wouldn't even ask a girl for her number (I'm a guy) even if my life depended on it; I would rather eat my own waste than attempt that valiant act. Also, if it makes you feel any better, I have been single and lonely since the day of my conception.

I know people don't want to hear this but in reality, it kind of depends on how physically attractive you are regardless of whether you are female or male. *Disclaimer: No offence intended to anyone* If Person A looked like a cactus, then it would be safe to assume that they would have trouble finding a partner. On the contrary, if Person B looked like Keira Knightley or David Beckham, then all hell would break loose every time Person B stepped outside of the house. I am not implying that you are either or neither of those, I am just saying. However, if Person B is attractive but has the personality of unseasoned chicken breast, then your appearance will make guys/girls just want your "coochie" and nothing more.
    ahHahahaha yeah i did that one time but im never doing it again.
    You’ve made a really valid comment tbh, and I have wondered if my attractiveness is the problem. I think im cute, but... i’m kinda biased lol

ReputationRep:
    ahHahahaha yeah i did that one time but im never doing it again.
    You’ve made a really valid comment tbh, and I have wondered if my attractiveness is the problem. I think im cute, but... i’m kinda biased lol
    If I were you, I would continue to ask for numbers. It looks fun and one fail doesn't mean you will always fail.

The only issue is that if I was out and a girl were to ask me for my number, even if she was attractive, I would think she has some kind of defect or mental issues or has extremely low standards or desperate (which is a turn off, we want things that are hard to get) because WHY WOULD AN ATTRACTIVE FEMALE RESORT TO BEING THE INITIATOR? That's just what I instinctively think though. Unless, there was something wrong with her that isn't visible or I look like David Beckham. I don't look like David Beckham so there's something wrong with her.

To know if you are attractive or not, just ask all your friends for an honest opinion (female and male).

ReputationRep:
    I guess that's what they call fate
    Fate's a silly idea

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.