My Uni course - Help?:/ Watch

Sophiaroma
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay so I’m currently a first year sociology student and I’m not really enjoying the course. I took sociology as an alevel and I did enjoy it, and now at uni I’m just revisiting everything we did in alevel and I’m finding it quite boring. And I don’t know ether the degree is right for me? I kinda want to work in events management but I keep changing my mind that’s why I chose sociology.
I like my uni because it’s close to home. And the city is okay I guess - it’s Plymouth university-
I’m thinking of maybe apply to Falmouth or Brighton for 2018? Maybe the course will get better I just feel so indecisive

Also, I don’t really have anyone to live with next year, my boyfriend and I may get a flat together. But I’m not sure. Any advice on what I should do
Any help with be good!
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe try looking at syllabi for future modules to see if the content interests you? You're obviously not going to be going over a level sociology stuff for the next 2.5 years you could also try reading sociology journal articles, they're what you'll need to read later so if you don't find those interesting either you may continue to struggle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.18%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.11%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.85%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.76%
There's nothing they could do (50)
28.09%

Watched Threads