Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently I’m doing, Spanish, art, textiles, economics,, RS, English, maths and double science. I’m just wondering what I should do for revision? Should I read the revision guide, let’s say for science, then do questions, and for the questions or topics I don’t understand I can look it up in the revision guide, and learn from that, or should I write everything out THEN do questions? Reading is less time consuming, but I don’t know. Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I suggest that you could do both at the same time. Write some notes which are in bullet points and colour code key info coz that will be much easier to revise and less time consuming. However when close to the exams don’t spend much time writing notes, do loads of practice questions and past papers and remember mark them with an official mark scheme or ask you teachers to mark it, coz in this way you will learn the correct official answer which is going to get you marks in exams. To start of with you can do past papers opened-book, like you said with a revision guide, then gradually do them without any notes, like doing the real exam. This will directly train you for the exam.

Here are some of my revision methods that you could try; Quizlet for vocabs (language), flash cards, mindmaps, watching youtube vids relating to your topics etc. If some of these methods didn’t work for you it is fine coz it depends on the person, so just try and error.

Lastly remember, always use the syllabus of each subjects, if your teachers haven’t given you any, go on the websites of the exam boards and find the syllabus of the subject that ure doing. Always refer to the syllabus coz there’s no point if you revise sth that’s not in the syllabus.

Hope this help and good luck!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yamxx)
    Hey, I suggest that you could do both at the same time. Write some notes which are in bullet points and colour code key info coz that will be much easier to revise and less time consuming. However when close to the exams don’t spend much time writing notes, do loads of practice questions and past papers and remember mark them with an official mark scheme or ask you teachers to mark it, coz in this way you will learn the correct official answer which is going to get you marks in exams. To start of with you can do past papers opened-book, like you said with a revision guide, then gradually do them without any notes, like doing the real exam. This will directly train you for the exam.

Here are some of my revision methods that you could try; Quizlet for vocabs (language), flash cards, mindmaps, watching youtube vids relating to your topics etc. If some of these methods didn’t work for you it is fine coz it depends on the person, so just try and error.

Lastly remember, always use the syllabus of each subjects, if your teachers haven’t given you any, go on the websites of the exam boards and find the syllabus of the subject that ure doing. Always refer to the syllabus coz there’s no point if you revise sth that’s not in the syllabus.

Hope this help and good luck!!
    Thank you so much! The problem is when I write notes, I write everything down because I’m scared that it’ll come up in the exam, but this way it’s just too much to remember and time consuming... I have a workbook that goes with my revision guide for science, and it rly good because it’s a page of questions for each page in the revision guide, I also have a text book for each of the sciences and there r a lot of questions and exam questions in there. So even if I just do questions for revision, I’ll cover everything.

For languages, I’m pretty good with Spanish and my teacher recommended me some websites which I can use (really need to start going on them tho!) and for maths, doing past paper questions and remembering formulas is the best way for me. )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.