The Student Room Group

AS level English Literature urgent help pleasee

Hey guys, im doing AS English this year. I find it very difficult and my teacher isnt that great, as she does not give feedback. I was wondering if you guys could help me out, I was wanting to do some practise essays but I dont know if they are good enough for the end of year exams that are in like 3 days. I was looking through the internet and mostly it says to write essays and compare to exemplar essays, but i struggle to do so. I know its a big ask but can you guys give me some tips of English(maybe even feedback on my essays) . Because in all honesty i dont know how to do well in it.
i know it sounds ridicoulus, but it may be worth confronting your teacher bout lack of feedback, and how its negativley
affecting you. but yea i wouldn't mind givng you feedback on an essay. what books are u studing at the moment.
(sorry for bad spelling, idk why i was awake at 5am)
Original post by Fire Alarm
i know it sounds ridicoulus, but it may be worth confronting your teacher bout lack of feedback, and how its negativley
affecting you. but yea i wouldn't mind givng you feedback on an essay. what books are u studing at the moment.

Thank you soo much, this year we do are doing poems, short stories, antony and cleopatra and the play absurd p[erson singular.
UOTE=asenglishishard;74367170]Thank you soo much, this year we do are doing poems, short stories, antony and cleopatra and the play absurd p[erson singular.

hey ive attached the essay :biggrin:
ok thx, i see it now
this was excellent.
WWW (what went well)- excellent AO2 (structure and language devices used by poet) all points are developed and
explained ,affect on reader is stated and very well developed. you have stated some themes and some AO3 (context). with strong vocab. there is also one thing you do which will be sure to bag you extra AO2 marks- you always state the type of
word. e.g- the verb/adjective,noun etc. you never say 'the word'. so do keep that up, as if you ever find your self struggling
to find language devices, that stating of the type of word will help greatly.

EBI (even better if)- more AO3 (e.g research a bit about the poet, why he/she would write this, does it link in with there
personal story, or you could find out roles towards women at the time that the poem was written, how accuratly does the
poem reflect these attitudes. these are just to give you a few ideas.) also AO5 is needs more development (debate), it does not matter if its short, but always try and include a counter argument. also try and find a few more themes (maybe one
more or two more) presented in the poem.

overall, you will get a strong mark for this so well done, this is impressive!

Quick Reply

Latest