Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS level English Literature urgent help pleasee Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, im doing AS English this year. I find it very difficult and my teacher isnt that great, as she does not give feedback. I was wondering if you guys could help me out, I was wanting to do some practise essays but I dont know if they are good enough for the end of year exams that are in like 3 days. I was looking through the internet and mostly it says to write essays and compare to exemplar essays, but i struggle to do so. I know its a big ask but can you guys give me some tips of English(maybe even feedback on my essays) . Because in all honesty i dont know how to do well in it.

ReputationRep:
    i know it sounds ridicoulus, but it may be worth confronting your teacher bout lack of feedback, and how its negativley
    affecting you. but yea i wouldn't mind givng you feedback on an essay. what books are u studing at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (sorry for bad spelling, idk why i was awake at 5am)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fire Alarm)
    i know it sounds ridicoulus, but it may be worth confronting your teacher bout lack of feedback, and how its negativley
    affecting you. but yea i wouldn't mind givng you feedback on an essay. what books are u studing at the moment.
    Thank you soo much, this year we do are doing poems, short stories, antony and cleopatra and the play absurd p[erson singular.

ReputationRep:
    UOTE=asenglishishard;74367170]Thank you soo much, this year we do are doing poems, short stories, antony and cleopatra and the play absurd p[erson singular.[/QUOTE]

hey ive attached the essay
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    ok thx, i see it now

ReputationRep:
    this was excellent.
    WWW (what went well)- excellent AO2 (structure and language devices used by poet) all points are developed and
    explained ,affect on reader is stated and very well developed. you have stated some themes and some AO3 (context). with strong vocab. there is also one thing you do which will be sure to bag you extra AO2 marks- you always state the type of
    word. e.g- the verb/adjective,noun etc. you never say 'the word'. so do keep that up, as if you ever find your self struggling
    to find language devices, that stating of the type of word will help greatly.

EBI (even better if)- more AO3 (e.g research a bit about the poet, why he/she would write this, does it link in with there
    personal story, or you could find out roles towards women at the time that the poem was written, how accuratly does the
    poem reflect these attitudes. these are just to give you a few ideas.) also AO5 is needs more development (debate), it does not matter if its short, but always try and include a counter argument. also try and find a few more themes (maybe one
    more or two more) presented in the poem.

overall, you will get a strong mark for this so well done, this is impressive!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.