Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is there no more sparks in our relation anymore?ell Watch

Ok so this is my first relationship and i am wondering if i still love him truly or its just normal that relationship just get dry after some times. We been dating for almost a year. In the beginning the passion and sparks was huge and i could not think of losing him. Now the feelings i once had has changed. Maybe its because he's in the army now and i only get to meet him once or twice a week so i am used to life without him around. I have no idea. But i feel that there are no more sparks like last time. I found that we have been arguing quite a lot lately and breaking up is getting closer to us everytime we argued. Now i feel as though i can live my life well without him and i feel that the feelings i once had was gone. However, i am also afraid that i will regret one day if i were to leave him. He treated me really good and thats what makes it even harder for me to mentioned the word. Sometimes i feel really bad that my feelings had faded but love can't be forced right? So i consulted my friends but my friend told me that relationship just get boring after some times and its pretty normal. However, i am not sure about this. To be honest, at first i just wanted to try how it is like to be in a relationship because i have never gotten into one. And its the first time where sometime u like, likes u back so i didn't really thought much and went into this relationship rather abruptly. After getting into this relationship i realise that we have many differences be it us or our family background. However, i also do not want to hurt him by saying it. Should i continue with this relationship or no?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the 'honeymoon period' is over. You should attempt to find new interests that you will both enjoy participating in. Try new things, learn things together or even go on a holiday.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.