Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex and I broke up a month ago, and it wasn't a good break up.. we broke up because he had said I have changed and that I'm not the same. And misses the happy me.
    I had been going through some problems in my personal life, concerning emotional problems, where I got quite "needy" and just was generally sad and I had been visiting doctors.

I never told him this.

A week after the break up there was a party and I tried to talk to him after a period of no contact.
    We were both quite drunk, and it didn't end up so great.
    I tried telling him I went to see a doctor but he seemed "not bothered"
    and I kept repeating "you don't care do you"
    and he said he doesn't if it that's what makes it easier for me to hear" and that "he doesn't think he has feelings anymore"
    That ended badly and I ended up crying and he said he had to go and help someone else who was quite drunk and left me there.

A week after we talked again after again a period of no contact. And we talked about the party, and he said "He was drunk, and didn't want to miss out and that he thought we could have found a better time to talk"

and well these past weeks, he had been very cold to me, but he looks at me and I catch him at times as well.
    There was another party, and he wouldn't stop looking at me or being around me and he even walked me out to the gate by following me, but didn't say anything and just stood by the gate.

I asked his best friend about how he feels and he was very harsh about it: and says he's moved on, doesn't have feelings and he is hiding away from it all and doesn't talk to anyone about it...

This week he had been looking at me constantly and looks back even when going past corners, and he constantly draws attention to himself..

We are on holiday now and we still haven't spoken since and we still have a snapchat streak of 80 days..

Should I end the streak? or should I say something? or Should i move on or should I wait till after the holidays? Or should I hold on?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I'd say let him go.

ReputationRep:
    Ditch him and move on

ReputationRep:
    I would just move on. Keep taking care of yourself without having to worry about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My ex and I broke up a month ago, and it wasn't a good break up.. we broke up because he had said I have changed and that I'm not the same. And misses the happy me.
    I had been going through some problems in my personal life, concerning emotional problems, where I got quite "needy" and just was generally sad and I had been visiting doctors.

I never told him this.

A week after the break up there was a party and I tried to talk to him after a period of no contact.
    and he said he doesn't if it that's what makes it easier for me to hear" and that "he doesn't think he has feelings anymore"
    That ended badly and I ended up crying and he said he had to go and help someone else who was quite drunk and left me there.

A week after we talked again after again a period of no contact. And we talked about the party, and he said "He was drunk, and didn't want to miss out and that he thought we could have found a better time to talk"

and well these past weeks, he had been very cold to me, but he looks at me and I catch him at times as well.
    There was another party, and he wouldn't stop looking at me or being around me and he even walked me out to the gate by following me, but didn't say anything and just stood by the gate.

I asked his best friend about how he feels and he was very harsh about it: and says he's moved on, doesn't have feelings and he is hiding away from it all and doesn't talk to anyone about it...

This week he had been looking at me constantly and looks back even when going past corners, and he constantly draws attention to himself..

We are on holiday now and we still haven't spoken since and we still have a snapchat streak of 80 days..

Should I end the streak? or should I say something? or Should i move on or should I wait till after the holidays? Or should I hold on?
    Move on

ReputationRep:
    Move on. Do you really want to be with a guy who wasn't there for you when you weren't happy and going through a rough patch with your emotional health.

I know it's heartbreaking, but keep pushing forward and I promise you eventually you will get better and meet someone who is going to be supportive, reassuring and understanding when you're not at your best.

I'm 24, so I don't feel like I'm that old, but I remember times like this. As soon as you start getting better, stronger and move on they ALWAYS come back, but you no longer want them of course.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, oh the Snapchat streak - dilemmas of 2017.

But yeah, move on. He's made his feelings quite clear.

ReputationRep:

I never told him this.

Try to move on. Plus a snapchat streak is the most irrelevant but most millennial issue possible, just lose it

ReputationRep:

I never told him this.

"You never told him this" you gotta open up to him, there has to be communication or else a relationship won't work. From his pov it just seems like your being *****y and moody and thats putting him off, without any given reason, you have to let him know that your going through ****. He'll most likely try help you even if you don't want it.

You can't expect a relationship to work without communication, if you really want him (only you know what you want) you've basically got to open up to him and tell him whats going on, IF he still likes you'll 7/10 he'll try find a way to make it work.

On the other hand he seems quite inconsiderate and cold, but you don't really know what hes truly feeling. Good luck with everything.

ReputationRep:
    You should be with someone who apreciates you and is able to stand next to you when you're dealing with personal issues. I know it's hard not only on him but also on you and if he can't love you enough to try to help you get better than it's a good thing that you broke up. So I would say move on. You deserve someone better.

Some people are not worth it.Go up to his face and tell him he is a jerk and then kick him in his nuts.If you tell it to him in his face, when you have a new boyfriend he will know and look in the mirror for once...to find out he is ugly.Hairy face, dirty moustache and bits of eggs spat all over his gristly hair.Oh dear.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.