Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if you knew anyone who got into chemical engineering with AAB predictions into a university that requires AAA.

The teachers have predicted me AAB in maths, chemistry and biology and just wanted to if I would have a chance in getting into a university that requires AAA

ReputationRep:
    It's worth a shot, but perhaps don't apply to more than one, maybe 2 at most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    It's worth a shot, but perhaps don't apply to more than one, maybe 2 at most.
    Do you know anyone who's got in with aab when the requirements were aaa
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamzaQureshi777)
    I know people who have had offers via Clearing for engineering courses requiring AAA with ABC achieved.

As HW says, there's no harm in applying to "aspirational" courses (i.e. above your predicted grades). It's fine to apply to 1 or 2 such courses, plus a couple at your prediction, and 1 or 2 below it (for insurance).

Many universities, for many courses (including ChemEng), allow a one grade miss from their offer, and some will even allow a 2 grade miss.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of people, like Doonesbury I've seen people with ABC who've got into AAA courses. However those people also got in after already having an AAA offer. I vaguely remember seeing one person who applied with AAB or AAA for a course which required one grade higher than that and got an offer, but it's not something I've particularly looked out for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I know people who have had offers via Clearing for engineering courses requiring AAA with ABC achieved.

As HW says, there's no harm in applying to "aspirational" courses (i.e. above your predicted grades). It's fine to apply to 1 or 2 such courses, plus a couple at your prediction, and 1 or 2 below it (for insurance).

Many universities, for many courses (including ChemEng), allow a one grade miss from their offer, and some will even allow a 2 grade miss.
    Whatabout when they're giving offers, do you reckon they'll still give an offer if I'm one grade off the requiremnt as Chem eng isn't really a popular course
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Whatabout when they're giving offers, do you reckon they'll still give an offer if I'm one grade off the requiremnt as Chem eng isn't really a popular course
    ChemEng is popular but for most universities they are reasonably likely to offer you if you are a grade off.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying to the BEng course? If not that's usually a grade lower.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    Are you applying to the BEng course? If not that's usually a grade lower.
    Only a few uni's do that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.