Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently studying contour fashion at DMU on my first year. I have a full student loan but I want to do contour fashion at the London college of fashion next year (start September 2018) I would have to start on my first year again. Would I still have my student loan? What should I do once I get my place at the new university?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloti_v)
    Im currently studying contour fashion at DMU on my first year. I have a full student loan but I want to do contour fashion at the London college of fashion next year (start September 2018) I would have to start on my first year again. Would I still have my student loan? What should I do once I get my place at the new university?

Hi Cloti_v,

Let me ask you a few questions to help you better.

First of all have you had any previous study prior to the course you are currently undertaking ?

Secondly what is the length of the new course ?

Finally are you studying full or part time ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    I finished my Alevels in June and started the fashion contour at dmu this September.The course is a honors degree of 3 years with an optional placement year which would be 4 years. I'm only doing 3.The new course is also 3 years with an optional placement but I will only do the 3 years.

I do study full time

ReputationRep:
    I finished my Alevels in June and started the fashion contour at dmu this September.The course is a honors degree of 3 years with an optional placement year which would be 4 years. I'm only doing 3.The new course is also 3 years with an optional placement but I will only do the 3 years.

I do study full time
    Hi Cloti_v,

Thank you for your reply.

On the information that you have provided, we would not use the previous study that you have had at A level in the calculation.

We allow you one additional year of support, should you have to repeat a year of study or change to a different course.

You can be confident, with only one year of previous study, you will be entitled to full support for the length of your new course,
    but not for any year in the future where you need to repeat, unless you can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    I Don't think I understand, do I still get student loan on the three years at the new university?And what should I do now? Should I inform someone about the change?

ReputationRep:
    I Don't think I understand, do I still get student loan on the three years at the new university?And what should I do now? Should I inform someone about the change?
    Hi Cloti_v,

What this means, is that you will continue to receive the same level of support that you are receiving now, both Maintenance and Tuition fee loans.

If your new course starts in September 2018, you will apply online using your existing login details, when applications available early next year.

You will either apply as a Continuing or New student.

If your current university is happy for you to transfer, then apply as a continuing student but enter the new course details and year of study on the application.

If your current university wishes to withdraw you from your current course, they will send us a withdrawal notification, then you would need apply as a new student and identity and any eligibility evidence will be required again.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    When you say apply online with the same login details do you mean on ucas or to the loan website?

ReputationRep:
    So now I creat a new ucas account, I apply for the new course (I would withdraw as I can't transfer) and then I apply for my student loan through my already existing account?Or am I supposed to apply to the new course through my old ucas account?

ReputationRep:
    When you say apply online with the same login details do you mean on ucas or to the loan website?
    So now I creat a new ucas account, I apply for the new course (I would withdraw as I can't transfer) and then I apply for my student loan through my already existing account?Or am I supposed to apply to the new course through my old ucas account?
    Hi Cloti_v,

We can't advise you on how to make applications through UCAS. You should check with them whether you need to create a new account.

And yes, you would continue to use the account you created with us for your funding applications.

Regards,

Stuart

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.