Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm signed up for the MAT because of Imperial (I'm applying to Cambridge not Oxford) but after receiving offers from all my other universities (except Cambridge), I've spent more time preparing for a possible interview etc. instead of the MAT. Will Cambridge see my MAT score (which would be worse than it probably should be - mid 60s). Would it have any affect on me as a candidate and if so, would it be worth withdrawing from the MAT (I don't particularly want to go to Imperial anyway now)?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnorak)
    I'm signed up for the MAT because of Imperial (I'm applying to Cambridge not Oxford) but after receiving offers from all my other universities (except Cambridge), I've spent more time preparing for a possible interview etc. instead of the MAT. Will Cambridge see my MAT score (which would be worse than it probably should be - mid 60s). Would it have any affect on me as a candidate and if so, would it be worth withdrawing from the MAT (I don't particularly want to go to Imperial anyway now)?

Thanks
    No- only Imperial will see it

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

Part of my Warwick offer is that a high score in the MAT may reduce the grades I need in my A levels, so I assume they see it as well)?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

Part of my Warwick offer is that a high score in the MAT may reduce the grades I need in my A levels, so I assume they see it as well)?
    I'm not sure- I think they use the MAT- so probably see it

ReputationRep:
    How do they know that you're taking the MAT?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you - this has been a great relief.

I guess that I may as well take the MAT then incase I have another change of heart about Imperial.

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    How do they know that you're taking the MAT?
    Just reread my offer and the MAT isn't part of it (got it mixed up with STEP)

I do think Warwick sometimes take the MAT into consideration but I don't know when (obviously not for me haha) as it's on their website

ReputationRep:
    I also got offer from Warwick. I thought they gonna make offer base on MAT until I got mine 2days ago😂😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.