The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Aston University 2018 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KA99_
just wondering, are there any group chats or anything that we can join or get added in once our accommodation is confirmed so we can meet our flatmates?

Hi KA99_

We have an official Facebook group you can join, which will soon be full of students who are joining this year - https://www.facebook.com/groups/145484332956200/

^Kam
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
How did everyone do?

^Sadie
Reply 62
Original post by Aston University
How did everyone do?

^Sadie

Got ABC and got into my course! so excited!
That's amazing. Congrats :smile:!

Once you have your place, you can apply for campus accommodation. You will need your Student ID Number. This can take up to 48 hours to get to you. Check out our 'Clearing' page for the guide.

Original post by evie842
Got ABC and got into my course! so excited!
Original post by imrhan13
A recent graduate in Computer Science with Business. Drop me a message if you have any questions.

Hi I’m going to study computer science and business at Aston this year! Was the course really hard as I heard people saying that a lot of them left after the first year
Hi is anyone still struggling to find accommodation if so please private message me ASAP thanks
HiDo we have to bring in GCSE certificates for the 1 to 1 enrolment?
Original post by ameena1708
HiDo we have to bring in GCSE certificates for the 1 to 1 enrolment?

Yes,

It's best to bring the official documentation for all the qualifications you've listed on your application. You are able to be enroled without, but it makes the entire process smoother.

Josh
So will I be able to enrol without the certificates as I am not willing to pay for replacement. I do have my results I received on results day though.u
Hello!

I have a room available at Jennens Court, the location is amazing, close to both Aston and BCU and a 10 minute walk from bullring and the train station. The accomModation has en-suite bedrooms and it's a 6 bed flat. It costs £157.00 a week.

Please feel free to ask any questions and let me know if you are interested as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Well I just got my MAP login yesterday and the password didn't work at all, even when I copied and pasted it. I'm now locked out of my account and can't enrol until it is sorted. I'm not sure how to proceed.
Original post by Ameena178
So will I be able to enrol without the certificates as I am not willing to pay for replacement. I do have my results I received on results day though.u

You should be able to use your transcripts in this scenario, but having the actual certificates makes the process smoother.
Original post by limester
Well I just got my MAP login yesterday and the password didn't work at all, even when I copied and pasted it. I'm now locked out of my account and can't enrol until it is sorted. I'm not sure how to proceed.

Are you completely locked out or on a timed lockout?
Hi,

I'm going to be a new student starting at Aston university soon. In a few days I am going to attend the Commuter students welcome. It's located in the blue room.
Where is the blue room? Is it located in the main Aston university building on Woodcock street?

Thank you.
Original post by Aston University
Are you completely locked out or on a timed lockout?

I'm not sure. I called the support today and my username and password don't seem to work at all. My account was unlocked and password was changed but it won't let me log in at all.
Reply 75
I have D*D*D* in Btec business level 3 extended diploma and 7 gcse c in maths B English. I’m applying to Aston do I have good chance of getting into business management. From what I’ve seen I meet all the requirements.
Reply 76
how are you finding it? I am considering this course
Original post by HiThere01
Hi I’m going to study computer science and business at Aston this year! Was the course really hard as I heard people saying that a lot of them left after the first year

Quick Reply

Latest