Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Person, I am a Year 9 student and I am high in all my subjects, all except for Maths, no matter how hard i try to remember things or understand them in Math class, they always slip away within a few minutes and my Math teacher is great and tries to help me but as soon as I learn one thing in Math, another Math thing slips away! I have grown to not listen in lessons because even if I do it is hopeless, I also do not like Math now that this has happened, PLEASE give me some helpful revision tips, I have already searched the internet for Hours on end for tips and tricks but Nothing works, I also have an exam coming up in a few weeks and I think I will fail if I don't get help soon. I have asked my parent to help but try as she might nothing works and I have no idea why, I am currently panicking and need tips immediately, Please help!
    Thankyou

P.S. Are any of you A-Level students or at Uni that know tricks that have helped you in the past? If so please share, Thankya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnicornSlay)
    Hello Person, I am a Year 9 student and I am high in all my subjects, all except for Maths, no matter how hard i try to remember things or understand them in Math class, they always slip away within a few minutes and my Math teacher is great and tries to help me but as soon as I learn one thing in Math, another Math thing slips away! I have grown to not listen in lessons because even if I do it is hopeless, I also do not like Math now that this has happened, PLEASE give me some helpful revision tips, I have already searched the internet for Hours on end for tips and tricks but Nothing works, I also have an exam coming up in a few weeks and I think I will fail if I don't get help soon. I have asked my parent to help but try as she might nothing works and I have no idea why, I am currently panicking and need tips immediately, Please help!
    Thankyou

P.S. Are any of you A-Level students or at Uni that know tricks that have helped you in the past? If so please share, Thankya
    I’m doing a level maths and I forget topics too. I’d advise just going back over notes or ask your teacher/search for questions or examples of past topics to refresh your mind. As boring as it is it’ll come with time
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’m doing maths at a level and a website I did use at gcse and still now is called exam solutions so if you forget how to do a topic you could look on there for a few examples and what’s good about that website is that it gives you exam questions relating to that topic and then it goes through them.

To get better at maths I would just go over the basic topics and practise questions and make them gradually harder. There’s 5 a day questions on Corbettmaths that you could try.

If I’m honest in year 9 I never looked at exam
    papers for maths I started doing that late in year 10 and year 11. Also if your forgetting things you could make a cheat sheet that you use in lessons. For example for trigonometry because I keep forgetting the identities I made a sheet with them all on and by using that in lessons it has helped me to learn them.

I hope that helps
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnicornSlay)
    Thankyou

you need to start from basics and work ur way up. make sure you completely understand one topic before moving to another.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.