Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you move out of your student accomodation now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am living in a house now and I am seriously unhappy here (I have explained before, but can't be bothered to explain again). I don't want to stay here more and just want to move out. Can I find somewhere else to live or is it too late?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I am living in a house now and I am seriously unhappy here (I have explained before, but can't be bothered to explain again). I don't want to stay here more and just want to move out. Can I find somewhere else to live or is it too late?
    Hi Loveleest, sorry to hear you're unhappy living in your accommodation
    It would depend on the contract you have already signed. you may find that some accommodation will allow you to find a replacement for your room and this way they can take over for the time remaining on your contract. I would best advise that you get in touch with the accommodation and ask the possible ways of moving and if finding a replacement would be okay.

Hope this helps.
    Ruth

ReputationRep:
    You would likely need to find a replacement tenant, especially for private housing, though with uni housing they can be a bit more flexible.

Additionally you will find that a lot of the student accommodation that is still available is not particularly desirable, sometimes it's poor housing, otherwise because it's too expensive. This has the flip-side that you might be able to find somewhere for £40-45 per week where paying for that in addition to your previous house isn't entirely impractical.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.