Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A 25.0 mL sample of sodium sulfate solution was analyzed by adding an excess of barium chloride solution to produce barium sulfate crystals which were filtered from the solution.

Na2SO4(aq)+ BaCl2(aq) ---->2NaCl (aq)+BaSO4 (s)

If 5.719 g of barium sulfate were obtained what was the molarity of the original Na2SO4 solution?

A metal M was converted to the chloride MCl2. Then a solution of the chloride was treated with silver nitrate to give silver chloride crystals which were filtered from the solution.

MCl2(aq)+2 AgNO3(aq) ---> M(NO3)2 (aq)+2 AgCl(s)

If 2.434g of the metal gave 7.964 g of silver chloride what is the atomic weight of the metal? What is the mental?

Thanks to those who answer. ;-; Can someone show steps so I can find out what I did incorrectly.

I don't know what the mental is.

What have you tried so far? That way, we can tell you what you did incorrectly.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.