Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need help solving the molarity and atomic weight. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A 25.0 mL sample of sodium sulfate solution was analyzed by adding an excess of barium chloride solution to produce barium sulfate crystals which were filtered from the solution.

Na2SO4(aq)+ BaCl2(aq) ---->2NaCl (aq)+BaSO4 (s)

If 5.719 g of barium sulfate were obtained what was the molarity of the original Na2SO4 solution?

~~~~~`
    A metal M was converted to the chloride MCl2. Then a solution of the chloride was treated with silver nitrate to give silver chloride crystals which were filtered from the solution.

MCl2(aq)+2 AgNO3(aq) ---> M(NO3)2 (aq)+2 AgCl(s)

If 2.434g of the metal gave 7.964 g of silver chloride what is the atomic weight of the metal? What is the mental?

Thanks to those who answer. ;-; Can someone show steps so I can find out what I did incorrectly.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what the mental is.

What have you tried so far? That way, we can tell you what you did incorrectly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.