EPQ Questions

Watch this thread
shannonla
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I need help coming up with a EPQ question relating to the philosophy of law. So far I've looked at:
-What is law?
-What is the relationship between law and morality?
-Can human rights be forfeited?
-Laws are made for human beings, but does everyone classify as a human?

Would any of these be a suitable title or should I come up with a new one?
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shannonla)
I need help coming up with a EPQ question relating to the philosophy of law. So far I've looked at:
-What is law?
-What is the relationship between law and morality?
-Can human rights be forfeited?
-Laws are made for human beings, but does everyone classify as a human?

Would any of these be a suitable title or should I come up with a new one?
The first two with their current wording I would say are not good as your question needs to be evaluative not descriptive. You have to be able to weigh up arguments in your project and come to a conclusion. The last two are more suitable and sound very interesting! (Questions or topics generally use words like Assess, Evaluate, To what extent and it doesn't have to be a question if that's easier for you. They can be statements as well like "Assess the implications of something on law")

You also have to make sure you can find a wide variety of sources on the topic, not just websites or books as you need to reference these throughout your project. A topic with little other research done on it would probably not be the best choice.

I can't help with the specific topic as I'm currently doing a biomed based epq but I hope what I've said has been helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.71%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
16.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (27)
24.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.54%

Watched Threads