Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    I believed this until OP said it was £20 and that he has a 14 year old gf.

I guess I really do live a more interesting life than people on TSR.
    Did you ever watch that series on BBC 'Sex Map of Britain'? There was an episode in Liverpool I think where prostitutes were selling it for as little as £1 as there was so much competition and they were desperate. Pretty sad. So it's not too unbelievable she'd do it for £20 in that case.

(Original post by Future-Barista)
    Maybe you should. Your age difference honestly isnt huge, but she's young, too young to know what actual love is.
    Also agree with this. 3 years is nothing but at 14 she's still a kid really. I'd suggest just being friends and then when she's 16+ see how you feel. So long as you don't exchange naughty pics etc and you're not doing anything sexual then I guess there's nothing wrong with it tho.

ReputationRep:
    Meaning of life?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Did you ever watch that series on BBC 'Sex Map of Britain'? There was an episode in Liverpool I think where prostitutes were selling it for as little as £1 as there was so much competition and they were desperate. Pretty sad. So it's not too unbelievable she'd do it for £20 in that case.
    Not even a living wage there

ReputationRep:
    do you think i should bring my petunias indoors ? we are fairly sheltered but the frost can still get in :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    How can anyone even survive off that much? Plus, they're constantly in danger of having a std or getting attacked/raped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future-Barista)
    How can anyone even survive off that much? Plus, they're constantly in danger of having a std or getting attacked/raped.
    Yep horrible stuff, a lot of the women in the show had addictions and since there were a lot of prostitutes in the area they had to charge less just to get some business. It was quite a sad watch, some would do it without a condom just to get a bit more money.

ReputationRep:
    This legit made me laugh. So thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    I was curious so I went and watched the show after your post, I think you were exaggerating just a little over the £1 figure :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/pro...map-of-britain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I was curious so I went and watched the show after your post, I think you were exaggerating just a little over the £1 figure :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/pro...map-of-britain

I'm sure they mentioned that some girls were selling it for £1?! My mistake, knew it was very cheap though! But even £4 is just...horrifying.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they mentioned that some girls were selling it for £1?! My mistake, knew it was very cheap though! But even £4 is just...horrifying.

yeah £4 is bad

however that's just the way supply and demand works, too much eastern european girls are coming over and attempting to take a piece of the pie, leading to supply outstripping demand ...which leads to lower prices

for all their sakes they should just get together and price fix, like many of the big supermarkets do

like you go in one day and the cucumbers have risen 10p in tesco, and the next day in sainsbury's they've risen too

the girls trying to undercut each other like this is working out badly for all of them.

tbh, it's better they just get off the game, but if they are gonna stay on it they need to sort out this pricing issue.......

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Deontay wilder would knock out Anthony Joshua?

ReputationRep:
    I want to live in a world where no-one describes 'using' another human being for anything physical to a person, even a barber. You had sex with a woman who
    was selling sex. Although it's not illegal in the UK of you do so, (although some men who do it do illegal things aided by the invitation), by doing so you've arguably encouraged her to regard that as normal. As a result, she may be in greater danger from less innocent people, no matter what their age. On the other hand, hopefully if you've treated her well she might realise how badly some other people might be treating her. It can be a very varied minefield as to why people are professional sellers of sex but, given that sex is so directly linked to pregnancy, it is clear that, biologically, we are designed as if we are meant to have sex with people who, even if not necessarily our very first choice, we are in love with and would be willing to raise a child with. The kind of experience you had might not have risked pregnancy anyway but sexual disease can still be passed, either from her to you or from you to her and the risks are at least assumed to be, on average, higher with people who sell sex.

I would suggest to her that, beyond any moralising, selling sex is mixing business with pleasure and many people don't like to do that anyway. When business is
    entirely based on pleasure supplied by a 1 on 1 interaction that is borderline illegal for her, the chances of physical and emotional hurt and financial hurt in the longrun are far higher than being, say, a landscape gardener. I don't think that we should ever encourage it. Even though some would say that it is little different to one night stands/ short term relationships, we can only discourage what we have the power to discourage. I appreciate that anything can take 'courage' but I'd
    personally suggest discouragement on your part next time. What needs to be bought in such a direct way isn't really 'freely' given. And, also, some people who sell sex have people who control them, which is itself illegal, and they might blackmail or attack you because they're already doing something illegal anyway.

ReputationRep:
    surely a troll

ReputationRep:
    is it going to be a hard hard Winter ?

ReputationRep:
    wow 'used a 20 year old prostitute' i can't even

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.