Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I matched with a girl on tinder yesterday and it turns out she is the housemate of someone I know from last year, anyway he sent me a message from her profile saying that she liked me from afar, even though I had never actually met her and that I should go for it. Straight away I thought it was a joke so I just sent back saying I'd take her for a drink. He replies, "when and where" so I give a date and a time and he said she said yes. Then she starts talking to me and she said she's excited to meet. She then added me on snapchat without me even giving her my username. Apparently it was her housemate who added me.

I can't help but think it sounds like it's just the guy I know thinking he's funny and actually setting me up for tomorrow. From what I have said does it sound like a set up or does it seem genuine?

ReputationRep:
    You should at least speak to the girl in person via phone call before meeting anyone lol.

ReputationRep:
    If she added you on snapchat get her to send a video clip of her talking or something, say you wanna know what she sounds like or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakedott1993)
    You should at least speak to the girl in person via phone call before meeting anyone lol.
    I know it definitely is her I am messaging now since she sent me a snapchat. I think the guy I know only sent the first few messages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    If she added you on snapchat get her to send a video clip of her talking or something, say you wanna know what she sounds like or something
    She's sent me photos on snapchat so I know its her I'm talking to

ReputationRep:
    well it's not a set up then is it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael1010)
    She's sent me photos on snapchat so I know its her I'm talking to
    (Original post by michael1010)
    I know it definitely is her I am messaging now since she sent me a snapchat. I think the guy I know only sent the first few messages.
    ....Does this not answer your own question then xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avaia)
    ....Does this not answer your own question then xD
    No because they could just both be doing it. I just find it strange how he apparently has access to her phone whenever he wants to send messages or use her snapchat so I think he may have talked her into stringing me along

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.