The Student Room Group

Unilever Graduate Scheme 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abstar1997
Did you manage to do the last question well?
It was way too much information to consume in the given time :frown:

I got cut off on questions 2 and 4. I just really struggled to look at the camera without glancing down to remember what the actual questions were! I definitely managed to plan an answer in the time we were given but then I didn't remember half of my answer because there was just so much to remember! Honestly, I wish it was like other video interviews where they ask one question at a time; I didn't like answering four questions all at once!

How did it go for you?
(edited 5 years ago)
Has anyone heard back yet since their video interview?
Reply 102
Hi guys, I did my video interview in early November. Was everyone's video feedback also full of "excellent" and then minor points of improvement? I have looked through past posts and it seems having a lot of "excellent" doesn't necessarily mean you are through to the AC.

I did call Unilever about when we will hear back and I was told an independent company is looking through our interviews and they are also yet to decide on AC dates but will most probably be post-Christmas. Also, from reading last years posts it looks like next week we might start receiving responses. Let's all keep each other updated?
Reply 103
Original post by J12345j
I applied last year and got to the final assessment centre for finance future leaders, I did my video interview on November 1st and didnt get my invite to the assessment centre until the very end of November. For finance they only hire 6-8 people a year and the assessment centre has only 4 people at a time. Before the assessment centre they give you access to the Unilever foundry where you collaborate with the other 3 people to prepare a group presentation on an area of interest, mine was on which organic skin care brand Unilever should consider for acquisition. I expect they will not give invites to the assessment centre until later this month. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

What date was your assessment day? Were the other three people you had to prepare the presentation with also applying for UFLP or were they already Unilever employees? Also, after how long did you find out you didn't get through?
Original post by etherealinsanity
I got cut off on questions 2 and 4. I just really struggled to look at the camera without glancing down to remember what the actual questions were! I definitely managed to plan an answer in the time we were given but then I didn't remember half of my answer because there was just so much to remember! Honestly, I wish it was like other video interviews where they ask one question at a time; I didn't like answering four questions all at once!

How did it go for you?

I had a similar experience but quickly wrapped up my last few words in time for it to end.
Found the first 3 questions O-K but ofcourse without the time limit probably would’ve done 10x better
Last one i was just too anxious and over thought about everything.
Managed to pull an answer out but I was unsure about the figures I was using so said a lot of “with respect to the data...” and made sure to define things so they knew I knew how to calculate what was needed but may have calculated it incorrectly because of pressure
Any one have any updates? Rejections? Assessment invites?
I did my video mid October haven’t heard anything back.
Reply 106
Still haven't heard anything, hopefully, they will contact us sometime this week.
Original post by Abstar1997
I had a similar experience but quickly wrapped up my last few words in time for it to end.
Found the first 3 questions O-K but ofcourse without the time limit probably would’ve done 10x better
Last one i was just too anxious and over thought about everything.
Managed to pull an answer out but I was unsure about the figures I was using so said a lot of “with respect to the data...” and made sure to define things so they knew I knew how to calculate what was needed but may have calculated it incorrectly because of pressure

Hopefully it goes okay! I'm rooting for you :smile:

I applied for Marketing (I don't know if you applied for the same?).
Reply 108

I applied for Marketing too. The wait is making me so anxious!

Thank you and you too.
I applied for the finance role as in studying accounting & finance
Reply 110
Any updates for anybody?
Hi, I was lurking in case anyone had any tips for the Discovery Day - I got called with an invite this morning.
Original post by greekgirl
Hi, I was lurking in case anyone had any tips for the Discovery Day - I got called with an invite this morning.

Which scheme did you apply for?
HR :smile:
For what scheme?
Original post by greekgirl
HR :smile:

Ah okay! Wonder when marketing will release... anyone else heard back for this scheme?
I applied for Customer Management (Sales) and got an email today saying my application was still under consideration for the ACs - I'm assuming this means I'm a maybe and they are waiting to see how other people do or something - has anyone else got an email like this recently?
Original post by lupo2014
I applied for Customer Management (Sales) and got an email today saying my application was still under consideration for the ACs - I'm assuming this means I'm a maybe and they are waiting to see how other people do or something - has anyone else got an email like this recently?

I had that same email (sales) as you too
Original post by obj3ctive

oh thats nice to know im not the only one lol. I hope they dont wait until Feb or something just to reject us that would be so annoying
Original post by obj3ctive

Yeah, I also had the same one for the same scheme

Quick Reply

Latest