The Student Room Group

Teaching English in Spain for Gap Year

Hello! I thought I'd share this here, now, while people are thinking about applying to gap year programs and trying to figure out what they might want to do during their gap year.

For background: I have a deferred place at Warwick University for next year, a gap year was something I've wanted to do since I finished GCSEs (but I couldn't work out what I wanted to do during it until this time last year), I've just finished my first month teaching English to primary school children in Spain. I get paid and am staying with a host family, so I'll be able to save up some money to go travelling from time to time. It's amazing!!

I have set up a blog, which you can find here: https://lifeofabluebirdblog.wordpress.com/

The blog has been running for a month now and has been going well and I still get so many ideas, so don't worry about me abandoning it a week after posting this! I post weekly updates, and will be sharing the process of getting onto the program I am currently on, to try and help you guys. I'll also be sharing studying tips and general university shizzle, so keep an eye out for that.

Feel free to ask any questions down below or drop me a message in my inbox, I'm always willing to help out!

IMG_6053.jpg
Original post by Jade C Henry
Hello! I thought I'd share this here, now, while people are thinking about applying to gap year programs and trying to figure out what they might want to do during their gap year.

For background: I have a deferred place at Warwick University for next year, a gap year was something I've wanted to do since I finished GCSEs (but I couldn't work out what I wanted to do during it until this time last year), I've just finished my first month teaching English to primary school children in Spain. I get paid and am staying with a host family, so I'll be able to save up some money to go travelling from time to time. It's amazing!!

I have set up a blog, which you can find here: https://lifeofabluebirdblog.wordpress.com/

The blog has been running for a month now and has been going well and I still get so many ideas, so don't worry about me abandoning it a week after posting this! I post weekly updates, and will be sharing the process of getting onto the program I am currently on, to try and help you guys. I'll also be sharing studying tips and general university shizzle, so keep an eye out for that.

Feel free to ask any questions down below or drop me a message in my inbox, I'm always willing to help out!

IMG_6053.jpg

Are you fluent in Spanish? Has it been easy making friends?

Quick Reply

Latest