Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ff

ReputationRep:
    I too resat my gcse english today and had the same extract and i think its a funny inference u hv made and i find it incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    I believe showing language features of contrast/ comparison and descriptive language would hv been best to use.

ReputationRep:
    I also didn't like the extract much. There wasn't much to pick out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chinmay V)
    I also didn't like the extract much. There wasn't much to pick out.
    i sent you a private message.

ReputationRep:
    using pathetic fallacy was a good choice i wish i had remembered to use it. Regarding others, I used them too. Also, I think nothing else could hv been extracted out of that extract so NICE WORK! That's the most one could do on it.

ReputationRep:
    using pathetic fallacy was a good choice i wish i had remembered to use it. Regarding others, I used them too. Also, I think nothing else could hv been extracted out of that extract so NICE WORK! That's the most one could do on it.
    Do you think the connotations bit was also good because i remember seeing it in a revision guide

ReputationRep:
    What was the extract on?

ReputationRep:
    connotion basically means - "The ideas they link to" so i guess it would work alright

ReputationRep:
    connotion basically means - "The ideas they link to" so i guess it would work alright
    So do you reckon id get near to full marks with 3 PEE paragraphs on Pathetic fallacy , Verbs , Adjectives .

ReputationRep:
    depends... if there were no silly spelling mistakes. If its all right still then best not get hopes up. You might get 5-6 marks on this question as u know examiners are... u know how

ReputationRep:
    or u could in worst case scenario get 3-4 marks if they are too strict

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i got you examiners are so MEAN at times , I was really careful with spelling and spag and got advice off my friends which got 7s-8s. Last question what do you think you got on the question similar to me as we used practically the same things (apart from pathetic fallacy) ?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizan1)
    ff
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    depends... if there were no silly spelling mistakes. If its all right still then best not get hopes up. You might get 5-6 marks on this question as u know examiners are... u know how
    obviously you're judged on coherence but the odd spelling mistake doesn't matter at all, at least in section a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    obviously you're judged on coherence but the odd spelling mistake doesn't matter at all, at least in section a.
    Praying for 7-8 marks on that question having put so much thought into it , last year i was a mess as i mistook language for structure and writing a weak essay which eventually led to me getting a D this year i took the liberty of writing in the correct structure , doing the right things for the essay question.

ReputationRep:
    I might get 5-6 on it as I mentioned a few more things than those ones like adjectives, descriptive language, the character of annie and more

ReputationRep:
    or could get more but u see i keep only the worst case scenario in mind to get less dissapointed if things didn't go well my way

ReputationRep:
    I might get 5-6 on it as I mentioned a few more things than those ones like adjectives, descriptive language, the character of annie and more
    Well as you mentioned there wasn't really much to pick out of it , the character of annie is what i mentioned in the structure question and how we are introduced to her at the beginning as the main character of the plot etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizan1)
    Praying for 7-8 marks on that question having put so much thought into it , last year i was a mess as i mistook language for structure and writing a weak essay which eventually led to me getting a D this year i took the liberty of writing in the correct structure , doing the right things for the essay question.
    hopefully that means you'll get a satisfying grade

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.