Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just resat english paper 1. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizan1)
    yh we resat 9-1 its available next year as well with the year 11ers just check with your centre.
    thanks so much. I just missed out on an A* in chemistry. I know exam boards will look at individual cases before offering resits -would they offer the resit if they know you have a good / almost certain chance of getting a top grade, or do they just offer it to the people who have failed and will look to pass again?

My priority is to just get a chemistry resit, because i flopped my unit 3 (got a B) and brought down my other units which were all in the 90 UMS zone. I'm applying for oxbridge (probably engineering) so i really want to make sure that my sciences at least are stellar.

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon violent verbs is 1 as it contrasts with the use of the positive adjectives.
    not really sure tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Ring)
    not really sure tbh
    well there was the odd violent verb i guess that makes it valid as its there?

ReputationRep:
    well there was the odd violent verb i guess that makes it valid as its there?
    For question 4 how many paragraphs did you do? I did like 3 but i don't think that I did enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    thanks so much. I just missed out on an A* in chemistry. I know exam boards will look at individual cases before offering resits -would they offer the resit if they know you have a good / almost certain chance of getting a top grade, or do they just offer it to the people who have failed and will look to pass again?

My priority is to just get a chemistry resit, because i flopped my unit 3 (got a B) and brought down my other units which were all in the 90 UMS zone. I'm applying for oxbridge (probably engineering) so i really want to make sure that my sciences at least are stellar.
    The last legacy gcse resits for our spec are in january so your best getting to an exam centre soon , i got a C C in unit 1 , 2 and an A * in unit 3 XD i was thinking about doing the same since we do triple science we can resit each unit as 1 paper , keep our ISA mark.

ReputationRep:
    For question 4 how many paragraphs did you do? I did like 3 but i don't think that I did enough
    For question 4 i did 5 paragraphs 2 PEE paragraphs on why i agree backed up with quotes and what the writers has done to strengthen my point (eg. long sentences to build up detail) i did 2 PEE paragraphs as to why i disagree using the details we were provided at the end of the extract on how Alice was doing something she wasn't meant to be doing then i just did a conclusion and ended my question off there and started planning what i was going to do for question 5.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said aiming for 3-4 PEE paragraphs then using a conclusion is best however i used just 3 pee paragraphs one time with no conclusion and got like 11 marks so u may still have a shot i wouldn't worry too much about it.

ReputationRep:
    The last legacy gcse resits for our spec are in january so your best getting to an exam centre soon , i got a C C in unit 1 , 2 and an A * in unit 3 XD i was thinking about doing the same since we do triple science we can resit each unit as 1 paper , keep our ISA mark.
    my school would easily do so, especially since the language department entered me for 2 language GCSE's (which I'm fluent in) with no fuss and basically just asking me to summarise the specification content. Since the ISA mark carries forward that's even better, so I only have to do the written exams... However I also just missed out of A*'s in English Lit and in RE.

Idk if my school would let me take 2 GCSE's and resit 3, but i definitely feel i let myself down in the chemistry (less so for RE and Lit, because i felt like i did my absolute best in them).

ReputationRep:
    ff
    It was well annoying like there was not much for language features. Question 2 I flopped and the writing I struggled with

ReputationRep:
    For question 4 i did 5 paragraphs 2 PEE paragraphs on why i agree backed up with quotes and what the writers has done to strengthen my point (eg. long sentences to build up detail) i did 2 PEE paragraphs as to why i disagree using the details we were provided at the end of the extract on how Alice was doing something she wasn't meant to be doing then i just did a conclusion and ended my question off there and started planning what i was going to do for question 5.
    alice wasn't doing anything that she wasn't meant to be doing. She just wanted the whole credit for the discovery.

ReputationRep:
    I know that AQA exam was dreadful but her name was Alice right ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.