Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay to for my personal statement to not have a conclusion? I feel like it is a waste of characters and will just be seen as the same old generic babble. I have just ended it after my hobbies/experiences paragraph with no mention of "can't wait to study at uni" "I'm so excited for life at uni" " I will add value to your uni" etc etc
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    if you have some spare wordcount then what is the harm in a cheerful final paragraph ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE2016Troop)
    Is it okay to for my personal statement to not have a conclusion? I feel like it is a waste of characters and will just be seen as the same old generic babble. I have just ended it after my hobbies/experiences paragraph with no mention of "can't wait to study at uni" "I'm so excited for life at uni" " I will add value to your uni" etc etc
    Don't use those phrases (although you haven't at the moment) as they're so commonly used and quite cliché.

Try and think of something that concludes what YOU wrote in YOUR personal statement as only then can it be original and good.

End it with a bang.

Edit: Deffo add a conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    if you have some spare wordcount then what is the harm in a cheerful final paragraph ?
    I don't that's the problem
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE2016Troop)
    maybe about extra curricular stuff and link it with academic stuff?that's what I did.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It would definitely look strange if you didn't have a separate, short conclusion. Sum up why you want to study the course

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.