Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi... it's me again. My loan still hasn't arrived and life is becoming even more stressful. I have had to borrow off of family for rent and if this goes on, I might have to drop out of university. They're already chasing me up in regards to the yearly fee as it's been a month since I've started studying now. I am not at all impressed with how SFE has been dealing with my case. I have been advised that I should see changes in my account tomorrow but what if I don't? This has caused me a lot of unnecessary stress on top of the stress of being in higher education as a mature student.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asuddenalexander)
    Hi... it's me again. My loan still hasn't arrived and life is becoming even more stressful. I have had to borrow off of family for rent and if this goes on, I might have to drop out of university. They're already chasing me up in regards to the yearly fee as it's been a month since I've started studying now. I am not at all impressed with how SFE has been dealing with my case. I have been advised that I should see changes in my account tomorrow but what if I don't? This has caused me a lot of unnecessary stress on top of the stress of being in higher education as a mature student.
    Hi asuddenalexander,

To help you better as we have no access to specific accounts here on The Student Room, can you bring me up to date with what has been happening with your application, have you made any changes to your application or provided any new evidence in the past few weeks ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,

I submitted what I thought to be the entirety of the evidence back in September but then got back that my payslips were not acceptable as they were 'copies' (I only get digital payslips and it wasn't made clear to me at the time that this was an issue). Once my application was processed, I had contacted SFE by calling up and inquiring why my account had come up saying that I was not eligible and only then I was told that payslips weren't good enough proof. I have since sent more paperwork in, I believe a couple weeks ago now and have been advised that I should see changes on my account tomorrow. I'm just terrified because due to the loan not arriving in time I'm even further in debt than I already was.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,

I submitted what I thought to be the entirety of the evidence back in September but then got back that my payslips were not acceptable as they were 'copies' (I only get digital payslips and it wasn't made clear to me at the time that this was an issue). Once my application was processed, I had contacted SFE by calling up and inquiring why my account had come up saying that I was not eligible and only then I was told that payslips weren't good enough proof. I have since sent more paperwork in, I believe a couple weeks ago now and have been advised that I should see changes on my account tomorrow. I'm just terrified because due to the loan not arriving in time I'm even further in debt than I already was.
    Hi asuddenalexander,

Different evidence has different processing timescales, can I ask is it additional EU Residency evidence that you have sent or Migrant Worker evidence ?

Thanks again

Rona

ReputationRep:
    Additional EU Residency evidence

ReputationRep:
    Additional EU Residency evidence

Hi asuddenalexander,

Additional residency is currently taking eight working days to be reviewed from receipt, that doesn't include the weekends.

On the information you have provided, you can expect that if its not already been so already, your evidence should be reviewed very shortly.

You can check for any updates online or give us a call on,

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Regards Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.