Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good matte hairstyling product? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am a 24 male (student) and would like recommendations for a good matte finish hairstyling product. My hair is black and very short (around 21 mm on top and 9 mm on sides and back). I never let it grow past that and always keep it relatively short (but enough length to style it up).

I basically want something that is easily available everywhere at supermarkets here in the UK and that washes out easily (most matte hair products take some effort to wash out of hair when showering). Also, I want to style my hair forwards, towards its natural direction and to possibly being able to spike and hold my bangs up (they always fall down).

Thank you and appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    This is what I use - Schwarzkopf Got2b iStylers Texture Clay, 75ml

It's £5-6 in most places but if you go to B&M, you can get for £3

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Any more suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venom0706)
    Thanks. Any more suggestions?
    VO5 Extreme Style, Matt, Matt Clay, "for Texture and definition with a matt finish"
    is really good, easy to work with

ReputationRep:
    I have that one, but applying it and washing it out is a bit difficult.

ReputationRep:
    vo5 matte paste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgillian123)
    vo5 matte paste
    Isn't it only for mid-length hairstyles, though? My hair is short (17mm on top).

ReputationRep:
    The WELLA products are way better than the Vo5 ones but they're not too available in store you'd have to amazon it

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'm not really sure, I have 2 on the sides and long hair on the top and it holds amazing, worth a shot tho Imo it's about 4 quid
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.