Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i put a distance between him and me ? Watch

i Need advices because i have a friend , who's my classmate since last year and this year his ex-girlfriend is in our school and our class too, him and me started to be really friend (last year were considering each other just as classmates) , he tells me his personal things , sometimes he is very close to me like he want to hug me , when i'm distracted during free times he comes blocks my arms and starts to give me kisses (it make me feel uncomfortable) , some time he makes allusion such as if he has to date one girl in our classe it will be me, i just considering as a friend an important one, he told me that he no more have consideration for his ex , but some weeks ago she friendzoned a boy with who she was about to start a relation because she wanted to restart with my friend , which hasn't been possible because he refused but the thing is that they(the ex of my friend and himself) are sometimes tactile and she seem to appreciate when he his close to her sooo at the beginning of the school year she wasn't my friend but now we have started to laugh together talk a bit together and i told my friend that i will put some distance between him and i because i feel like she's still in love with him and in my perception of the thing it wouldn't be loyal for me to be her friend and be close to her ex , but he was kind of upset about what i told him telling me that he don't care about her , and she is no more in love of him. But i don't want that people start to say that i am not a good person blablabla he is now a little frustrated. PLEASE I AM THINKING TOO FAR AND THERE IS NO NEED TO PUT A DISTANCE OR I'M RIGHT ? i know it's long but i need outside opinions thanks guys
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i Need advices because i have a friend , who's my classmate since last year and this year his ex-girlfriend is in our school and our class too, him and me started to be really friend (last year were considering each other just as classmates) , he tells me his personal things , sometimes he is very close to me like he want to hug me , when i'm distracted during free times he comes blocks my arms and starts to give me kisses (it make me feel uncomfortable) , some time he makes allusion such as if he has to date one girl in our classe it will be me, i just considering as a friend an important one, he told me that he no more have consideration for his ex , but some weeks ago she friendzoned a boy with who she was about to start a relation because she wanted to restart with my friend , which hasn't been possible because he refused but the thing is that they(the ex of my friend and himself) are sometimes tactile and she seem to appreciate when he his close to her sooo at the beginning of the school year she wasn't my friend but now we have started to laugh together talk a bit together and i told my friend that i will put some distance between him and i because i feel like she's still in love with him and in my perception of the thing it wouldn't be loyal for me to be her friend and be close to her ex , but he was kind of upset about what i told him telling me that he don't care about her , and she is no more in love of him. But i don't want that people start to say that i am not a good person blablabla he is now a little frustrated. PLEASE I AM THINKING TOO FAR AND THERE IS NO NEED TO PUT A DISTANCE OR I'M RIGHT ? i know it's long but i need outside opinions thanks guys
    It doesn't seem like he feels anything for your friend who likes him, but he might like you... so it's like you're in a fabled triangle so I think it would be wise to not get too involved in either direction

..having said that, (and it is probably related) you mention that he does something that makes you feel uncomfortable, and I think you should ask him to stop that the next time it comes up - that will be uncomfortable too but better than to let him continue.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.