Turn on thread page Beta

Should I leave my uni accommodation? watch

    • Thread Starter

    So basically I had an awful halls experience due to bullying in my first year at university. I decided to move halls and it made the situation much worse. I had no friends and spent the majority of my time by myself. I even went a 3 month period without speaking to a single person apart from my mom on the phone as nobody wanted to speak to me. I couldn't go home as I'm an international student and flight tickets are way to expensive.

    In my 2nd year I lived in an off-campus house 1 hour away from the uni and absolutely loved living with all my housemates. We're all now friends.

    Now in my 3rd year all of my housemates decided to move into halls as travelling costs last year made everyone's budget smaller for this year. I decided to move into a house closer to uni as I'm still traumatised a bit from halls. I didn't meet my current housemates until the day we signed the contract and they seemed alright then. I've realised now that they were desperately looking for someone to fill my current room and pretended to be nice. There's 4 of us in the house and they don't talk to me, don't involve me in anything and constantly complain about everything that I do. They accuse me of stealing and have a group chat which I'm not included in and sit in one of their rooms talking about me and deliberately leave the door open so that I can hear them.

    I no longer want to live here, but I don't know whether I'm overreacting cuz of my previous experience. I don't want to spend my final year in London feeling like this. I've tried talking to them and socialising in the kitchen but they just leave the kitchen when I try cooking. Should I move or should I stay and try to fix this as moving again might not solve my issue and might end up putting me in an even worse situation? People have told me in the past that I run away from problems rather than face them but I tried facing it and it's not working.
    • #1

    Yes, move. Find someone to take your place (advertise online or on Facebook or something) and let your landlord know you want out, but that you found someone to replace you. Never move in with people you barely know! Good luck
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2017
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.