Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do I go college or sixth form ???
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I do want to go to uni but I just don't think a levels are for me and I think I will be better at college than sixth form, the only thing that worries me is that I won't be able to go to uni after completing college

ReputationRep:
    You can still go to uni after college, depending on what you want to study of course. Which subject(s) are you interested in?

ReputationRep:
    If I go to uni I would like to study social work and if I go to college I'd probably study health and social care or something related

ReputationRep:
    Really difficult question to answer without quite a bit more background information. One's not objectively any better than the other, it very much depends on you.

ReputationRep:
    Sixth form it would have your age group 16-18 whereas college it can be anyone in your class like 30 year olds but it also depends if they have your course research on there website
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiacullenx)
    Do I go college or sixth form ???
    Moved to Secondary School, Sixth Form and FE College. :dance:

Of course you can go to university after college! :bigsmile: I went to a college and now I am in university. Most of my college friends are in university too (the ones who are not in university yet are staying in college for one more year to complete a BTEC and will apply to university afterwards). I did do A-levels, but that is beside the point since I know people who did BTECs and who got into university.

Are you sure A-levels are not for you? I would give it some thought. If A-levels are not for you, maybe try a BTEC? :hmmmm:

Sixth forms do not do BTECs often while colleges do, so maybe going to a college would be better for you. However, if you decide to go A-levels in the end, it does not matter if you go to a sixth form or college.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.