?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do I go college or sixth form ???
sophiacullenx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
I do want to go to uni but I just don't think a levels are for me and I think I will be better at college than sixth form, the only thing that worries me is that I won't be able to go to uni after completing college
klw18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can still go to uni after college, depending on what you want to study of course. Which subject(s) are you interested in?
sophiacullenx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
If I go to uni I would like to study social work and if I go to college I'd probably study health and social care or something related
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really difficult question to answer without quite a bit more background information. One's not objectively any better than the other, it very much depends on you.
Randz18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sixth form it would have your age group 16-18 whereas college it can be anyone in your class like 30 year olds but it also depends if they have your course research on there website
Michiyo
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sophiacullenx)
Do I go college or sixth form ???
Moved to Secondary School, Sixth Form and FE College. :dance:

Of course you can go to university after college! :bigsmile: I went to a college and now I am in university. Most of my college friends are in university too (the ones who are not in university yet are staying in college for one more year to complete a BTEC and will apply to university afterwards). I did do A-levels, but that is beside the point since I know people who did BTECs and who got into university.

Are you sure A-levels are not for you? I would give it some thought. If A-levels are not for you, maybe try a BTEC? :hmmmm:

Sixth forms do not do BTECs often while colleges do, so maybe going to a college would be better for you. However, if you decide to go A-levels in the end, it does not matter if you go to a sixth form or college.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads