The Student Room Group

I am a Muslim British Somali Girl, Ask me anything!!

The stuff in the title . I will answer most questions. But if you give a stupid question, expect a stupid answer...

Scroll to see replies

Anything as in anyyy thinng??
Reply 2
Original post by Pink_Sparkles
Anything as in anyyy thinng??
yeppp:smile:
Do you find there to any discrimination / ill treatment from your Arab Muslims seeing as you're black?
Original post by Taz554:-)
yeppp:smile:

How old r u ? If ur in uni or college , how do u face racist bullies or if u have encountered any?
How do you feel about far-left politics and policies, such as white guilt, white privilege, and black power and supremacy?
Hows the banana and rice?
Are all muslim somali families very strict muslims?

My mate is a Somalian. In year 8, he was a homophobe and had strict islamic views etc. fast forward 4 years and he's gay and is western asf, but he doesn't get on with his parents at all. He told me all families were like this in terms of their views, is this true, or does it vary a lot?

I'm sorry if it sounds like a stupid generalised question, it's just that of all the islamic cultures in london bangladeshis/somalis (from what i've seen) are the most 'muslim' so I'd just like to know more
Reply 8
Original post by Pink_Sparkles
How old r u ? If ur in uni or college , how do u face racist bullies or if u have encountered any?

Some of that is too personal im afraid... Sorry (e-safety and dat) but i have encountered racist bullies, on more than 15 occasions. Physically Mentally and emotionally. Although i have learnt to deal with it, people nowadays are like that. I have been called to much to account really. I almost got acid thrown in my face but the police intervened. I have been called stupid things like the mother of ISIS and stuff worse but i just push the haters away coz otherwise, how are you gonna fight em off? Kill em with kindness as i say :smile:
Reply 9
Fist of all, well done to your mate, it is hard coming out. And yeah, somali parents are strict but they say it is for own good tbh... most parents are strict because that is how they grew up and how the attitude is around them and generally them are kinda strict but not all are, some are rlly nice but my parents are really strict. On the Muslim thing, lots of parents are strict Muslims because of where they were born, a strict Muslim country so i dont really blame them because that is where they get their views from and it is hard to grow out of that kind of ideology but i guess that i cant speak for everybody because i do't know the in's and outs of every community. Plus i'm a Northerner, we are much "normal" up here:ahee:
Original post by unknown_usr
How do you feel about far-left politics and policies, such as white guilt, white privilege, and black power and supremacy?

Black supremacy 😂😂😂
Malawax or canjeero?
Reply 12
Original post by Emerald777O
Malawax or canjeero?

canjeero with saliid and sokor babes, nothin finer
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Do you find there to any discrimination / ill treatment from your Arab Muslims seeing as you're black?

Sometimes there are annoying blips with the people who dont want you to be black and those who dont even want to associate somalis with arabs, WHATSOEVER but i dont really get in that many altercations with arabs tbh. Except when they try to pin you down and feel awful about yourself because of your skin colour and how the state of somalia is now and what the qataris are doing, teasing us, it does annoy me sometimes.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Hows the banana and rice?

Good, try it sometime...

Not the OP but I'm sure we all know the answer to this. Going to an Arab country as a black person is basically just asking to be treated like ****. Being in a room with all Arabs is honestly the most uncomfortable feeling because you just feel like they're judging you. Your status, skin and so forth. Not even just black people but brown people too.
warya
Reply 17
Original post by unknown_usr

I'm not gonna lie, that's not my place to speak about. You see i do believe there is white privilege but i have not experienced it too much. I feel like as a black woman i don't have the right to say anything negative about white people as a whole as most white people ik are acc really nice ppl. Far-left politics does get me worked up, because come on, just coz the pigmentation in our skin is not the same, i do deserve the same rights as anybody else. Black power is something that is not well spoken about because in Britain, the only places that we really dominate is the court. We are capable of so much and i hope people understand that. Black supremacy does exist tho, in the backstreets of West-Side Los Angles and them Crips and Bloods :-P
Original post by Emerald777O
Black supremacy 😂😂😂

lmao it was a genuine question. I actually was interested RIP.
Reply 19
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ
warya

Supp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending