Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a Muslim British Somali Girl, Ask me anything!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox12)
    Does it seem to you that on balance, Somali girls are doing better in education than their male counterpart? I've observed this.
    To me, YES! I feel like most somali men in my life don't really care much fore their studies. I certainly do, wanting to become an otorhinolaryngologist but lots of men don't really do much in terms of education but thats not all tho, some are rlly hard working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    thats cool.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not the OP but I'm sure we all know the answer to this. Going to an Arab country as a black person is basically just asking to be treated like ****. Being in a room with all Arabs is honestly the most uncomfortable feeling because you just feel like they're judging you. Your status, skin and so forth. Not even just black people but brown people too.
    I feel the same but not all the time, but i feel like it is partly us because so much of us claim arab roots when we dont acc have arab blood within us. That sometimes starts the rubbish off. I feel like brown people are very approachable but can make racist jokes and claim it is okay because they are "light black" (ik!)

ReputationRep:
    Why do some somalis abosulutely STINK?? like honestly its some next level body odour. Grim af. They could be in a shop for 2 minutes and it'd stink for ages.
    kinda harsh b, but i get wat u mean, its not exactly 'body odour', but its like a certain smell

ReputationRep:
    Why do some somalis abosulutely STINK?? like honestly its some next level body odour. Grim af. They could be in a shop for 2 minutes and it'd stink for ages.
    OK lemme stop u right there. We do not stink. Certain somalis have a certain smell. Like crackheads have a certain smell so not all smell the same. Maybe the ones you know but that was uncalled for. But then again you are entitled to an opinion so please dont be rude in the way you phrase it...

ReputationRep:
    how many time have u gone back to Somalia? and wen u did, have u ever experienced anything of the past wars that had occured?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKA2234)
    how many time have u gone back to Somalia? and wen u did, have u ever experienced anything of the past wars that had occured?
    I have acc visited once and it was marvelous and i did not experience anything from past wars however there is that kind of ideology if you think about it but otherwise it was really nice and i had fun

ReputationRep:
    If you dont mind, what ethnicity are you?

ReputationRep:
    thats cool, this is such a random question, but wats like the best film u have ever seen?

ReputationRep:
    thats cool, this is such a random question, but wats like the best film u have ever seen?
    Probably....hmmmmm idk. Lemme think...... I love loads of movies but i love... IT and Legally Blonde (dont judge me) and loads more hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taz554:-))
    To me, YES! I feel like most somali men in my life don't really care much fore their studies. I certainly do, wanting to become an otorhinolaryngologist but lots of men don't really do much in terms of education but thats not all tho, some are rlly hard working
    It's given that there are some industrious Somali's. However, we must do better as a " community". Best wishes with your studues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox12)
    It's given that there are some industrious Somali's. However, we must do better as a " community". Best wishes with your studues.
    Thank you and hopefully we will

ReputationRep:
    lol, i agree with IT, not the other one, i prefer horror and fantasy

kinda harsh b, but i get wat u mean, its not exactly 'body odour', but its like a certain smell
    Honestly g, its the truth. Its disgusting. No respect for others at all-> walking around with a stench that makes you feel sick. They need to learn to have showers

ReputationRep:
    lol, i agree with IT, not the other one, i prefer horror and fantasy
    I like horror and fantasy but some movies are just to gory. IK Jason Bourne aint exactly horror but it should be coz he just keeps on getting his brains blown out

ReputationRep:
    dude stfu, wats wrong with u?? and maybe that 'stench' is coming from u, thats why u can smell it everywhere u go, so u need shower b x

ReputationRep:
    dude stfu, wats wrong with u?? and maybe that 'stench' is coming from u, thats why u can smell it everywhere u go, so u need shower b x
    ??????

ReputationRep:
    that comment wasnt directed at u

ReputationRep:
    Honestly g, its the truth. Its disgusting. No respect for others at all-> walking around with a stench that makes you feel sick. They need to learn to have showers
    OMG watch your mouth, take your own advice and stay in the shower and dont pick up a device again. Plz leave this forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taz554:-))
    I feel the same but not all the time, but i feel like it is partly us because so much of us claim arab roots when we dont acc have arab blood within us. That sometimes starts the rubbish off. I feel like brown people are very approachable but can make racist jokes and claim it is okay because they are "light black" (ik!)
    Do you identify as black?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.