Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,
    I've been thinking about writing to someone and asking whether my 5 choices for my undergraduate study are too ambitious or sound fine when it comes to my grades. I'm a student in 12th grade from Sofia, Bulgaria and I am more than delighted to share my thoughts with you.
    I am interested in studying Architecture and Design (K100) during my undergraduate period. I've checked numerous universities all around the UK, researching the course structure, entry requirements, weather cond., etc.

These are my 5 choices:
    1.University of Bath
    2.UCL
    3.Cardiff
    4.Manchester
    5.University of the Creative Arts London

As I am from Bulgaria, I am going to apply through the Bulgarian Diploma (Diploma za Sredno Obrazovanie) which I don't know how to convert in A levels or GCSEs. This diploma counts my grades from 9-12 grade. My grades until 11 grade are 5.30 overall. 12 grade is predicted 6.00 which could bump me up to 5.70 overall for 9-12 grade.
    I have many extracurricular activities, including an internship in a professional Architecture Studio, Debate competitions, Sports achievements and participating in different associations like Bulgarian Red Cross (something like Unicef).

My question is, having in mind this result, are these 5 choices suitable for me?
    Thank you so much in advance!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeyvidZafirov)
    Hello guys,
    I've been thinking about writing to someone and asking whether my 5 choices for my undergraduate study are too ambitious or sound fine when it comes to my grades. I'm a student in 12th grade from Sofia, Bulgaria and I am more than delighted to share my thoughts with you.
    I am interested in studying Architecture and Design (K100) during my undergraduate period. I've checked numerous universities all around the UK, researching the course structure, entry requirements, weather cond., etc.

These are my 5 choices:
    1.University of Bath
    2.UCL
    3.Cardiff
    4.Manchester
    5.University of the Creative Arts London

As I am from Bulgaria, I am going to apply through the Bulgarian Diploma (Diploma za Sredno Obrazovanie) which I don't know how to convert in A levels or GCSEs. This diploma counts my grades from 9-12 grade. My grades until 11 grade are 5.30 overall. 12 grade is predicted 6.00 which could bump me up to 5.70 overall for 9-12 grade.
    I have many extracurricular activities, including an internship in a professional Architecture Studio, Debate competitions, Sports achievements and participating in different associations like Bulgarian Red Cross (something like Unicef).

My question is, having in mind this result, are these 5 choices suitable for me?
    Thank you so much in advance!
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...hitecture-bsc/
    "Accepted equivalent qualification(s) for Bulgaria Award of Diploma za Sredno Obrazovanie with an overall mark of 5.30, with two State Maturity exams passed at 5.5, 5.0."

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/in...ountry-profile
    Architecture is AAA at Manchester so they're probably looking for 5.7 overall with 6 in one subject

UCA will take Bulgarian Diploma za sredno spezialno obrazovanie obtaining minimum overall Grade 5.2 or above)- but they aren't in london - the Architecture degree is taught in Canterbury, Kent

If you're talking about UAL (CSM) instead of UCA then http://www.arts.ac.uk/csm/courses/un...-architecture/ - they don't list specific Bulgarian requirements (like Cardiff and Bath). You'll need to contact them directly to ask what they'd look for.

For most of your choices your portfolio will be more important than your qualifications

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.