Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is anyone going to start the EDEXCEL 9-1 Computer Science coursework soon? Everyone i've found is doing OCR, anyone doing Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    I believe we are starting the specimen one soon.

Our teacher said we are starting the NEA in February or so.

ReputationRep:
    wait have u guys started the 20% of your GCSE assessment yet?

ReputationRep:
    i'm starting it tomorrow, its something about a voting system apparently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEgurlxo)
    i'm starting it tomorrow, its something about a voting system apparently?
    You tell us mate aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sciolyboy123)
    I believe we are starting the specimen one soon.

Our teacher said we are starting the NEA in February or so.
    February? That's just a month before you have to submit it?!
    I guess every lesson you have will be NEA based during the month of February?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishaa_26)
    February? That's just a month before you have to submit it?!
    I guess every lesson you have will be NEA based during the month of February?
    Damn, we started a few weeks ago because it's only 20% of your GCSE so our teacher is trying to get it out of the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azmand007)
    Damn, we started a few weeks ago because it's only 20% of your GCSE so our teacher is trying to get it out of the way
    Same. we started last week.
    My teacher wants to give us a chance to think about what we're going to do that's why he gives us an hour a week.

ReputationRep:
    Being the first group in my school to do the Computer Science GCSE, I'm kinda stressed because I don't know exactly what they expect of us especially in the analysis section of the coursework as there is no mark scheme for the specimen NEA and this is the first time any of our teachers are doing this exam. Does anyone have any insight (most notably for the analysis and design stages) as to what (and how much) we are expected to do for the NEA.Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I’m doing Edexcel, we just started the task today. How is everyone finding it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giothevanna11)
    I’m doing Edexcel, we just started the task today. How is everyone finding it?
    Funnily enough, the NEA is horrible. It wouldn't usually be that bad but because my current teacher has not taught us anything, it's hard to do the actual tasks...
    A couple of posts up, I was saying how I started my NEA a few weeks back, but after complaints, the department at school has decided to postpone the NEA for a month of so...
    But overall, the analysis part of the NEA is probably the easiest. For me, the rest is pretty difficult. Tbh, Computer Science is the only subject bringing my overall grades down... (I'm on level 5)
    Buutttt, good luck to you on your NEA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishaa_26)
    Funnily enough, the NEA is horrible. It wouldn't usually be that bad but because my current teacher has not taught us anything, it's hard to do the actual tasks...
    A couple of posts up, I was saying how I started my NEA a few weeks back, but after complaints, the department at school has decided to postpone the NEA for a month of so...
    But overall, the analysis part of the NEA is probably the easiest. For me, the rest is pretty difficult. Tbh, Computer Science is the only subject bringing my overall grades down... (I'm on level 5)
    Buutttt, good luck to you on your NEA!
    Thank you! Good luck to you too and I hope everything works out(:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giothevanna11)
    Thank you! Good luck to you too and I hope everything works out(:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Just started the Edexcel NEA and I'm on the analysis stage. How are you guys finding it? I'm scared of coding in Python and using Pseudocode but other than that I'm hoping I get a good mark since I want to take ICT further down the line. Anybody got any tips?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.