Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with a few of my English questions, please?

1 - Do you feel that the poet approves or disapproves of the war photographers job?

2 - How does Carol Ann Duffy's opinion compare to Wilfred Owen's and Rupert Brooke's?

I have attached the poems:
    War Photographer by Carol Ann Duffy
    Dulce et decorum est by Wilfred Owen
    The Soldier by Rupert Brooke

These are all relevant to question 2. Thanks a lot x
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The poet approves of the war photographers job as it captures the real raw happenings of the Vietnam war. It frames the harshness and describes the explicit unfortunate experiences the people suffered. It also in a way praised the work of the photographer and shames the people back “home” meaning England as they merely read over it and don’t give it a second thought. It doesn’t make them think or worry. Thy don’t sympathise with what the war photographer has captured.
    Hope it helped! ( that’s only for Q1. )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by july13)
    The poet approves of the war photographers job as it captures the real raw happenings of the Vietnam war. It frames the harshness and describes the explicit unfortunate experiences the people suffered. It also in a way praised the work of the photographer and shames the people back “home” meaning England as they merely read over it and don’t give it a second thought. It doesn’t make them think or worry. Thy don’t sympathise with what the war photographer has captured.
    Hope it helped! ( that’s only for Q1. )

Thank you so much1

ReputationRep:
    No worries I’ll do you still need help on Q2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by july13)
    No worries I’ll do you still need help on Q2?
    Yes Please!

ReputationRep:
    Ok so carol Anne Duffeys poem is from the view of the victims as the photographer is a silent watcher and letting the photos speak for itself compared to the 2 other poems where they are either the view of the soldiers themselves suffering and talking about the oppression of what they are apart of. Their opinions differ maybe in the fact of what they think the most important factor of war is.

ReputationRep:
    For duffey it’s the victims suffering and the ignorance of those who are choosing not to look or care.
    Brooke’s would be the patriotism and the pride that dying for your country or in your country brings.
    Owens would be innocence of the soldiers and how that disappeares within the hells of war. And how they shouldn’t be subdued to that.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me more - I have to compare Rupert Brookes opinions of war to Carol Ann Duffy's in detail using lots of examples as it is a 10 mark question. The poems are located above. Thanks x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.