War Photographer poem Watch

ajescross1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can someone help me with a few of my English questions, please?

1 - Do you feel that the poet approves or disapproves of the war photographers job?

2 - How does Carol Ann Duffy's opinion compare to Wilfred Owen's and Rupert Brooke's?

I have attached the poems:
War Photographer by Carol Ann Duffy
Dulce et decorum est by Wilfred Owen
The Soldier by Rupert Brooke

These are all relevant to question 2. Thanks a lot x
Attached files
july13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The poet approves of the war photographers job as it captures the real raw happenings of the Vietnam war. It frames the harshness and describes the explicit unfortunate experiences the people suffered. It also in a way praised the work of the photographer and shames the people back “home” meaning England as they merely read over it and don’t give it a second thought. It doesn’t make them think or worry. Thy don’t sympathise with what the war photographer has captured.
Hope it helped! ( that’s only for Q1. )
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ajescross1
Rep:
?
(Original post by july13)
The poet approves of the war photographers job as it captures the real raw happenings of the Vietnam war. It frames the harshness and describes the explicit unfortunate experiences the people suffered. It also in a way praised the work of the photographer and shames the people back “home” meaning England as they merely read over it and don’t give it a second thought. It doesn’t make them think or worry. Thy don’t sympathise with what the war photographer has captured.
Hope it helped! ( that’s only for Q1. )

Thank you so much1
july13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No worries I’ll do you still need help on Q2?
ajescross1
Rep:
?
(Original post by july13)
No worries I’ll do you still need help on Q2?
Yes Please!
july13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ok so carol Anne Duffeys poem is from the view of the victims as the photographer is a silent watcher and letting the photos speak for itself compared to the 2 other poems where they are either the view of the soldiers themselves suffering and talking about the oppression of what they are apart of. Their opinions differ maybe in the fact of what they think the most important factor of war is.
july13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For duffey it’s the victims suffering and the ignorance of those who are choosing not to look or care.
Brooke’s would be the patriotism and the pride that dying for your country or in your country brings.
Owens would be innocence of the soldiers and how that disappeares within the hells of war. And how they shouldn’t be subdued to that.
ajescross1
Rep:
?
Can someone help me more - I have to compare Rupert Brookes opinions of war to Carol Ann Duffy's in detail using lots of examples as it is a 10 mark question. The poems are located above. Thanks x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (36)
13.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (54)
20.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.4%
How can I be the best version of myself? (78)
30.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise