Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been wanting to go into medicine for quite some time and was wondering if, A i should do it, and B, whether my predicted grades at gcse were good enough, grades are as follows English Lang and lit/B, History B, Spanish B, French A/A*, geography A , maths A*, chemistry A*, biology A* physics A/A* as well as doing FSMQ for maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linneya)
    I’ve been wanting to go into medicine for quite some time and was wondering if, A i should do it
    Good question. Have you had any work experience? Shadowing doctors or just talking to them about their job, plus doing some volunteering in a caring setting, would help you with that decision.

and B, whether my predicted grades at gcse were good enough, grades are as follows English Lang and lit/B, History B, Spanish B, French A/A*, geography A , maths A*, chemistry A*, biology A* physics A/A* as well as doing FSMQ for maths
    They're good enough. Not for a few super GCSE heavy unis but for most of them.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I’ve done work experience in a local hospital and a care home and I’ve generally enjoyed it

ReputationRep:
    How about some volunteering? Some universities like to see commitment.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been wanting to go into medicine for quite some time and was wondering if, A i should do it, and B, whether my predicted grades at gcse were good enough, grades are as follows English Lang and lit/B, History B, Spanish B, French A/A*, geography A , maths A*, chemistry A*, biology A* physics A/A* as well as doing FSMQ for maths
    Work really hard on your English and those grades will be perfect. A lot of unis even have in their requirement a minimum of A in either lit or lang, and to be fair, being a doctor is all about communicating and a good grade in your English qualification shows you would be a good communicator. Hope this helps )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenpoop)
    Work really hard on your English and those grades will be perfect. A lot of unis even have in their requirement a minimum of A in either lit or lang, and to be fair, being a doctor is all about communicating and a good grade in your English qualification shows you would be a good communicator. Hope this helps )
    https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...-for-medicine/

Not entirely true - for the vast majority the minimum is B, after a quick glance at the above I think there are two (Bristol and Norwich) that require an A. Good communication skills are very important yes but they will be assessed in your interview and through your personal statement.

Although yes obviously do by all means work hard on your English and try to get an A, the better your grades the better your chance of getting in!

ReputationRep:
    I’ve done work experience in a local hospital and a care home and I’ve generally enjoyed it
    Ok that's great! Then the question really is whether you can see yourself doing that for the rest of your life or whether you'd enjoy something else more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.